Thread: Verno's TM Megatron fixed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am happy to help.

Show me photos of the overall figure and breakage points and I will be able to let you know.
    Really? - Cheers dude.
    I'll take some shots tomorrow afternoon and I'll upload them here?

That look great, nice work there Kup.

I'd rather see a figure repaired, if possible, than scrapped for parts and then thrown out, especially if he's still fully playable after the repairs.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    That look great, nice work there Kup.

I'd rather see a figure repaired, if possible, than scrapped for parts and then thrown out, especially if he's still fully playable after the repairs.
    Thanks!

I also hate when people throw out figures because they are broken. I am yet to encounter a figure that is beyond rescue. Several of my G1 cars were once considered junkers which I gradually completed, Sunstreaker comes to mind.

It is rare though that I get to fix a BW toy as most of them are reasonably durable. They are simpler to fix though, mainly because despite their engineering and articulation being much more effective than G1, it is also considerably simpler. G1 has too many springs, rivets, ratchets, etc for just an elbow or simple 'up&down' shoulder movement.

Here are some pics man, I'm sorry that they're so terrible - I just couldn't for the life of me focus the camera on the spot I wanted it to, I was almost ready to put the bloody thing through a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Here are some pics man, I'm sorry that they're so terrible - I just couldn't for the life of me focus the camera on the spot I wanted it to, I was almost ready to put the bloody thing through a wall.
    The pics are ok, I am able to see where the break is and what's left. I think that it is just as easy to fix as Verno's Megatron from what I can see. All the important parts are there and if I need to make new parts, they would be internal so no aesthetic impact.

I'll take up the job

The pics are ok, I am able to see where the break is and what's left. I think that it is just as easy to fix as Verno's Megatron from what I can see. All the important parts are there and if I need to make new parts, they would be internal so no aesthetic impact.

I'll take up the job
    Awesome, thank you very much dude.
    Would you prefer me to just bring him up to the next Parra fair or would you rather do it sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Awesome, thank you very much dude.
    Would you prefer me to just bring him up to the next Parra fair or would you rather do it sooner?
    It's up to you. Same either way for me.

TI am yet to encounter a figure that is beyond rescue.
    I beg to differ, the Slugslinger I gave you to test on is beyond salvation
    I too hold onto most of the broken ones I have as well, as I have been able to repair/use parts to complete anther figure.

All in all, you have done a mighty fine job there lad, didn't think he would be easy to repair. I have had similar problems with a Megs a long while back, used him as parts if I remember. Still have the remainder of him at home somewhere

Great work there Kup.

Hursticons TM Megs looks like one I had a few years ago, I ended up gluing it back together and forever leaving it in robot mode!

I wonder if there is enough work out there fixing tf's to quit your day job?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I beg to differ, the Slugslinger I gave you to test on is beyond salvation
    I too hold onto most of the broken ones I have as well, as I have been able to repair/use parts to complete anther figure.

All in all, you have done a mighty fine job there lad, didn't think he would be easy to repair. I have had similar problems with a Megs a long while back, used him as parts if I remember. Still have the remainder of him at home somewhere
    I think that I can 'fix' him it's just that I would need to use paint and custom parts which would end up making it more of a custom than a repair job.