Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Phwoa thanks for the update Hursti! Sounds like the 2nd "G1" release might be a tad cheaper, given the reduced paint app.
    No probs man but the real thanks should go to those taking the photos who're actually there (Alas, I can't afford to leave our shores for quite some time ) and that certainly does look like it's to be the case with regards to the price of the 2.

Starting to agree with earlier comments made by kup on pricing though. The more I think about it; $410 is starting to sound quite heavy. Comparing it to the $600 TFC version it does seem cheap, but it would be wrong to treat that as the benchmark for this maketoys set.

$70-$80 per universe-deluxe-sized Constructicons is beginning to feel real tough on the wallet. Having second thoughts now...
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Hopefully these high prices only apply to the 'exclusive' G2 version. If the 'G1' release ends up being $100 per 2-pack then that would be more reasonable even if still pricey.

On the up side, the AU$ is back above parity so hopefully it'll stay that way.
    See, I'm not too bothered by the prices of Giant mainly for the following 2 reasons:
    1. I paid $110 for Delicate Warrior (Arcee) who, beyond being a G1 inspired Arcee, didn't exactly have incredible engineering and these figures IMO are well above that, come in pairs and cost only $25 more (Not factoring postage obviously).
    2. Hasbro aren't ever likely to produce something like this, this is the price one will have to pay if you want a Classicsverse Devastator, short of Kit-bashing one's own.

I'll be happy to pay these asking prices, the G1 version having a slight price drop will be welcomed but I'm not expecting it to be much; I'd just really like to have a couple more combiners for my Classicsverse shelf (Dreaming of a Menasor though... ).

A couple of recent pics of Maketoys upcoming products including:
    • Battle Tanker (Classicsverse G2 Prime Upgrade)
    • Yet to be named Not-The Fallen
    • Giant (Constructicons)

Courtesy of Seibertron.com at the Cherry Bomb Toy Show:

Many more photos to go up on Seibertron.com's Event Gallery page later today.

Courtesy of TFW2005.com, from the Cherry Bomb Toy Show, some height comparison pics of the recently shown Maketoys products:

Its nice to see the size comparison finally

The g1 chest is nice but somehow I still don't like this scavenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

• Gestalt to be roughly 10 inches tall, 1.5 inches shorter than TFC's Hercules and will be to scale with FansProject's Colossus (Not-Bruticus).
    Hey hursti,
    is that a typo?
    is Maketoys' dev only 10 inches (25cm) and TFC's dev is only 11.5 inches (~29cm)?
    where are people measuring this from (head to toe only?) cos it seems way too short for both of them...

hmm....
    i dont have a FP crossfire set to measure (maybe someone can measure it for me?)
    but i do have a custom menasor and custom bruticus which are ~40cm (16") to 45cm (18") tall (head to toe only) and when i compare TFC exgraver's arm mode with my customs they are all pretty much of the same scale hey...
    i doubt maketoys is only 10" tall and i doubt TFC's dev is only 11.5" tall.
    they're more like 12" and (at least) 16" respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    Hey hursti,
    is that a typo?
    is Maketoys' dev only 10 inches (25cm) and TFC's dev is only 11.5 inches (~29cm)?
    where are people measuring this from (head to toe only?) cos it seems way too short for both of them...
    I'll have to measure my own Bruticus, but this is what was stated so... could inches in Canada be different to US/UK inches? - I'm not sure as I use a slightly less archaic measurement system.

I'll let you know shortly man.

Well, just had a look and (FP) Bruticus is 10" tall from Head to Toe, not including his vertical cannons on his back which would add another 1.5"-2" to that.
    So judging by that it would seem what they've stated is accurate, from pictures we've seen anyway, but will be well out of scale with your customs dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Well, just had a look and (FP) Bruticus is 10" tall from Head to Toe, not including his vertical cannons on his back which would add another 1.5"-2" to that.
    So judging by that it would seem what they've stated is accurate, from pictures we've seen anyway, but will be well out of scale with your customs dude.
    thanks for measuring FP bruticus dude.
    didnt realise he was such a shorty....
    wait a minute, wtf are you doing at home measuring FP bruticus? j/k

yeah, i always assumed the maketoys version would never be to scale with my custom stuff and only in scale with the FP kit, but i was still hoping that the TFC dev is taller than 11.5" and more in scale. hmmm...oh well...
    will like to get both versions if the price and exchange rates are right. g1 colours only of course.

FYI - canadian inches are the same as US inches

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    thanks for measuring FP bruticus dude.
    didnt realise he was such a shorty....
    wait a minute, wtf are you doing at home measuring FP bruticus? j/k
    No probs man, indeed he is not the biggest figure in the world bu he certainly towers over the ever prevalent Deluxe class figures that comprise most of the Classicsverse, though those customs you've got would make most figures look like Micromasters.
    Oh and shhhh...

yeah, i always assumed the maketoys version would never be to scale with my custom stuff and only in scale with the FP kit, but i was still hoping that the TFC dev is taller than 11.5" and more in scale. hmmm...oh well...
    will like to get both versions if the price and exchange rates are right. g1 colours only of course.

FYI - canadian inches are the same as US inches
    Give it time and I'm sure there'll be another Devastator custom that you'll be able to acquire.
    It seems a lot of people aren't too keen on the G2 colour scheme huh? - I wonder if opinions will change once some coloured examples are shown?

Crazy foreign countries with their Furlongs and Cubits.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Its nice to see the size comparison finally

The g1 chest is nice but somehow I still don't like this scavenger.
    I personally prefer this Scavenger a lot more than the TFC one.

I must say that I am surprised by the size. I was expecting scout to Crossfire size Constructicons but they look to be as tall as a deluxe and a tall deluxe at that. He is also very nicely designed and looks more humanoid than the TFC ('ape-like') proportions. There is some nice engineering there as he transforms from what is essentially a block on tracks into a good proportion looking bot with minimal kibble.

This makes the prices they are asking for much more appealing ($100-$120 for a 2pack).

The Gestalt also looks really good and again, prefer this one much more than the TFC one.

I was still tempted by Hercules last week, but these new pics and info have cemented me down for Giant. Like Kup, I thought the individual bots were merely scout sized, but for them to be the size of a deluxe?

Also, with the g1 (green+purple) being sold in one entire gift-set- save on shipping bonus!!