Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

No preorder news lately, but some new pics of individual bots Excavator and Bulldozer (very creative names) just uploaded

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ssions-174070/

IMO the black and yellow gives a nasty KO feel to them (reminds me of the dodgy black and yellow G1 Devastator knock offs in card n bubble packaging). The digibash pics uploaded earlier in this thread painted a much more appealing look for G2 version Giant...

Almost certainly going to wait for the traditional green G1 giftset now.

just got my battle tankor today and its pretty good.

certainly I think its below fansproject but really does seem like its got some FP in it. The good thing is its better than the other 3rd products like TFC & PE and the rest.

onto the photos

i haven't put on the new head as I can see the design flaw after reading about it online. it would have been so much easier if they made it with a screw like the igear kup heads.

It's a little awkward to pose, but the playability is fantastic.

I think its a great start and hope they can improve with each new thing they make. its nice to now that the only QC problem is the head which i have read a new one is being sent out. every other accessory is accounted for and works great so there's not such a big disappointment like there was with TFC's Devastator.

do i think its worth the hefty price tag? no. not really. but i don't regret buying it and i would hate to deal with aftermarket prices as has been the case with the more popular 3P releases.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    No preorder news lately, but some new pics of individual bots Excavator and Bulldozer (very creative names) just uploaded

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ssions-174070/

IMO the black and yellow gives a nasty KO feel to them (reminds me of the dodgy black and yellow G1 Devastator knock offs in card n bubble packaging). The digibash pics uploaded earlier in this thread painted a much more appealing look for G2 version Giant...
    Really? i think the yellow looks pretty damn well executed compared to the sort of yellow plastic Hasbro have been using on Bumblebee of late. Looks pretty G2 to me.

I wonder how the green ones will compare, oh the suspense.

Here is another well done digibash from a guy at TFW called NECIO. This time it includes the newly revealed Excavator and Bulldozer:

Note that the head is a prototype that is due be changed on the final release (according to Maketoys).

That last Digibash shot, Kup, is making me really consider not even bothering to wait for the Green version - I'm seriously considering just getting the yellow version because it looks so damn good.
    (Heh, decisions decisions... )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That last Digibash shot, Kup, is making me really consider not even bothering to wait for the Green version - I'm seriously considering just getting the yellow version because it looks so damn good.
    (Heh, decisions decisions... )
    +1, but it remains to be seen what the real thing looks like.

The extra paint apps and the yellow on the Maketoys guys, makes them look much more convincing as construction vehicles, Makes the TFC ones look like Armadaverse style vehicle modes by comparison.

Got Battle Tanker today:

I have been playing a bit with it and have transformed him in all modes. It certainly has a bit of an FP feel but it's only partial. I will elaborate more once people have had a play so there is a frame of reference.

Some more photos:

I tried to show the laser sword in action but I couldn't get a decent pic with my camera.

Anybody know what this figure is supposed to be?

http://www.maketoys.jp/MT-04.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Anybody know what this figure is supposed to be?

http://www.maketoys.jp/MT-04.html

The Fallen: