Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1727323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    First set of reprolabels for green giant is up at TFW. It's for Wheel Loader and Mixer. Looks like they have the sticker to make the windows purple like so many have wished for. And also is a few big ones to make the agitator on Mixer almost completely purple. Don't know what I think of that. Can't say I'm a fan now but it may grow on me once I see the whole lot in combined mode.
    Would be waiting for final combined mode pics as well, the existing combined mode is very satisfactory to me. Plus because the Maketoys transformation is different from Hasbro's (much tighter in some areas), the stickers might get damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    I didn't change colour of the back kibble, the colours in general could be more accurate, the legs are only approximately correct in scale/rotation with his left leg being particularly poorly done (should have found a better source image), and the kneecaps should be solid red instead of the lazy hue shift I did on the patterned Botcon kneecaps.

It gives the general idea though.
    I wonder if Maketoys will do a secondary head for SG Magnus-Tanker with the skull face at the last minute? Similar to their revision of the original and the last minute head change with Green Giant.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    First set of reprolabels for green giant is up at TFW. It's for Wheel Loader and Mixer. Looks like they have the sticker to make the windows purple like so many have wished for. And also is a few big ones to make the agitator on Mixer almost completely purple. Don't know what I think of that. Can't say I'm a fan now but it may grow on me once I see the whole lot in combined mode.
    I'm very tempted to move on these myself, I might hold off though until sets for all 6 bots are available & then have a stickering marathon!

Those stickers have no appeal for me, other than the insignia ones. Sometimes less is more.

Magnus armour on United Prime looks decent though, good photoshop or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Those stickers have no appeal for me, other than the insignia ones. Sometimes less is more.

Magnus armour on United Prime looks decent though, good photoshop or not.
    Yeah I agree. These new stickers do very little for me and whatever appeal there is can be easily accomplished by just an insignia.

I haven't seen Reprolabel upgrades for a very long time that I would regard as appealing.
    Last edited by kup; 29th November 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Nice one BBTS - restock on Botcon 2012 set and pricing the individually sold SG Magnus at $200.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Nice one BBTS - restock on Botcon 2012 set and pricing the individually sold SG Magnus at $200.
    That's just a rip-off. If people are just going to put armour on it, why not just get this for a fifth of the price and three free bonus toys? If anyone wants to pay $200 shipped for my Shattered Glass Magnus, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That's just a rip-off. If people are just going to put armour on it, why not just get this for a fifth of the price and three free bonus toys?
    Bbb..bb- but m...mm-my purity! My terrible c-ccc-ccanon!

Strongly considering ordering Green Giant now. The more I look at the pictures of it the more I like it. Doesn't need those reprolabels though. I definitely prefer it to Hercules.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Strongly considering ordering Green Giant now. The more I look at the pictures of it the more I like it. Doesn't need those reprolabels though. I definitely prefer it to Hercules.
    Maybe just one good sheet of variously sized Decepticon insignias

Is BBTS and TFsource the only places you can order the Magnus or SG Battle Tankers? Really steep prices, plus their shipping is too much imo....