Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1929343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

Got my Green Giant today!! Initial impressions:

1. EMS shipping is AWESOME - item was posted on Friday and arrived today (Monday)!! I was in doubt whether the extra $20 was worth it... I doubt no longer. Also, www.ehobbybaseshop.com has my backing!

2. The box gives off an aura of quality. OK, so it's not as solid as, say, Platinum Omega Supreme, but it's very nicely done, and has a whole separate card box inside the colour printed exterior.

3. The box is big. I was pleasantly surprised with a package that was bigger than I expected... but this may be because the recent PE Assault Force I got was smaller than expected, so maybe I was mentally bracing (FYI Assault Force box measures 18x14x3cm). Green Giant's box measures 41x29x12cm... that's about 2cm bigger in most dimensions than a large Master Grade Gundam box.

4. The figures also give off an aura of quality. The plastic does feel somewhat soft, but this is no different to the latest Hasbro FOC Deluxes, as an example. The TFC figures are consistently rated to be more robust, so they must be really quite good!

5. The figures are also larger than I expected, which is another very nice surprise. With all the comparisons of Giant being smaller than Hercules, I was expecting something like scout size, but these are definitely closer to deluxe size.

Gonna have to link my reviews thread to this forum when I get round to this guy! I thought for a long time about splurging out for Giant... still not sure I can wholehearted recommend him (need to spend more time first), but $360 is really about 2.5x what it would cost to buy 6 Hasbro deluxe figures at local retail (less than 2.5x if say you buy from Myer) - that's not bad at all for a good third party product.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

great. now i want to buy maketoys green giant

must find it cheap

Price wise Giant is a bit on the high side, especially when I consider that one of my friends got SOC God Mars for around the 250 mark, but I don't regret having bought Giant at all, I think the quality is very nice and it has a great G1-esque vibe to it. In fact had I not bought it I probably would have regretted it now.
    Last edited by Sam; 10th April 2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Fixing typo

Better not mention 'that other 3rd party Devastator" then.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Better not mention 'that other 3rd party Devastator" then.
    Well I did mention Hercules in the earlier post... it was really really interesting choice for me actually, as you can now get Hercules for ~$450 postage included (Giant cost me $410 total with postage). Many of the previous comparisons had mentioned how Giant was a much cheaper alternative, but now that the price is quite close, it truly came down to a preference of aesthetic (as well as scale for me) +/- if you prefer more robust/harder plastic which Hercules seems to be made of.

I don't own a Hercules, so until the day I decide to splurge out on him as well, guess I'm inevitably going to be somewhat biased towards Giant.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

lol ehobbybaseshop just raised the price- yeahhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sifun View Post
    lol ehobbybaseshop just raised the price- yeahhhh!!!
    You mean US$369.99? That's what I ended paying actually (US$422 with postage, so it ended being something like AUD$412)... yeah, more expensive than $355 offered elsewhere, but no where else I know of has Green Giant in stock. It's a bit of a toss up whether $15 more is worth it to get him now.

Started a 3rd party thread for my reviews now... not-Scrapper is first up

WHOOO!!!

Yesterday afternoon I received my postage notification from MechCommander.com for MakeToys' Chaos Paladin!
    (Only delayed by 3 months but who's counting? )

G2 Yellow Giant in stock if anyone is keen

http://tfsource.com/maketoys/yellowgiant/

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    G2 Yellow Giant in stock if anyone is keen

http://tfsource.com/maketoys/yellowgiant/
    Damn I wish I had 400 to spend