Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

im glad i decided to go with the TFCC Devastator option

yeah i dont want a yellow devastator

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    im glad i decided to go with the TFCC Devastator option
    Having seen 4 pieces of it in HK I can guarantee you wont be disappointed.

TFC is a great toy!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I can, probably because it's buffered in. Click on the link I provided to see them.

I'll link them to avoid confusion.
    Yeah, not sure why I couldn't see them so I did indeed see them via the link you've supplied dude - the Pic links are working now though.

I think this still is my preferred 3rd Party Devastator, though I just don't really want a G2 coloured version; I mean I can completely understand why they've gone that route so I'll hold out hope that they'll do a G1 repaint down the track.

I am very much wanting to see more of that Fallen prototype they've got tucked away in back, I would very much like a Classicsverse Fallen for sure.
    If there is ever to be a Scourge repaint of this figure and 3rd Party trailer, I'd probably pick that up in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I think this still is my preferred 3rd Party Devastator, though I just don't really want a G2 coloured version; I mean I can completely understand why they've gone that route so I'll hold out hope that they'll do a G1 repaint down the track.
    I totally agree, by far this is my favorite rendition of Devastator, I like it much better than the TFC one. However the price has put a halt to my buying so I won't be jumping in just yet. I will wait for the 'yellow' release and hear what people have to say and then make up my mind.

I believe for sure that there will be a green release, they would be silly not to do it. If by then I have been convinced to fork out the $450+ for this set then I will but the price for me is the biggest deterrent, more so than color.

I am very much wanting to see more of that Fallen prototype they've got tucked away in back, I would very much like a Classicsverse Fallen for sure.
    If there is ever to be a Scourge repaint of this figure and 3rd Party trailer, I'd probably pick that up in a heart beat.
    Same, that Fallen looks very interesting. If the paint job is awesome like the Titanium, I may go for it.

When it comes to a Scourge repaint, the trailer and armor colored the way it is looks as if it would suit such a repaint just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    ...Unfortunately the price tag for the complete Giant 'Devastator' is about US$400 +shipping!!

The set will be sold as '2 packs' with each duo costing around US$130each (not inc shipping)
    Thanks for the heads up kup! @ $400 for the complete set, it's 33% cheaper than the TFC release. I believe maketoys is an offshoot of the fansproject team aren't they? If so, I have high hopes for the design and quality of this big fella.

Given the later release date I reckon it'll give them some time to correct any flaws/challenges the TFC release might have faced as well and hopefully allow them to improve n avoid.

I'm pumped for this now

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up kup! @ $400 for the complete set, it's 33% cheaper than the TFC release. I believe maketoys is an offshoot of the fansproject team aren't they? If so, I have high hopes for the design and quality of this big fella.

Given the later release date I reckon it'll give them some time to correct any flaws/challenges the TFC release might have faced as well and hopefully allow them to improve n avoid.

I'm pumped for this now
    I don't think they are affiliated with FansProject . That's just misinformation from Botcon when TFSource had a mix of FP and Maketoys on display together causing the confusion.

As of yet, they are an 'unproven' 3rd party company.

Edit: Here is a digibash I found of what the yellow version may look like:

I think I read on tfw2005 that they received a helping hand from fansproject; but perhaps not enough to be "affiliated" with maketoy. One way or another, for a new party to just step out of the shadows and produce customs of such calibre - surely they're not all newbies at the game.

In regards to the colour, I always viewed Devastator (in the cartoons at least) to be more of a yellow orientated character. That pic looks great!

Man, that Digibash doesn't make the gestalt look all that bad actually , hopefully there will be some added paint apps that'll break up some of the yellow; maybe some paint flaking/scraping on the corners and edges showing some bare metal underneath or something.

Anybody got any pics of the individuals constructicons though? Coz it may look good combined but what about when separated? I actually prefer this one coz the sizing is equal to the official gestalts from Hastak ( Combaticons and Aerialbots). Although the TFC one is awesome in its massive size which will really wreak havoc in the CHUGURverse autobots... individually they are too big and cost quite a lot more ...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]