Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

They ARE making a special green and purple box set of Giant though? Mot sure where I heard that but I know it's a thing that's happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    They ARE making a special green and purple box set of Giant though? Mot sure where I heard that but I know it's a thing that's happening...
    Fingers crossed
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    From what I read on TFW2005, the mention of a Green version was only speculative opinion and that there was absolutely no mention of a Green version in the original news article; the article was translated as saying yellow and yellow only.

That being said, with the amount of support this figure/set has; most tend to believe that a Green version is inevitable.

I still prefer the TFC version.
    i like scavenger's g1 chest but everything else looks pretty bad - especially that huge circle in the front of his alt mode.

So far I prefer the Maketoys Scavenger to the TFC one which I find looks like it has wonky Energon proportions, we'll see though.....

Why do they always start with him anyway? he's like my least favourite Constructicon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    So far I prefer the Maketoys Scavenger to the TFC one which I find looks like it has wonky Energon proportions, we'll see though.....

Why do they always start with him anyway? he's like my least favourite Constructicon.
    I think the reason they are showing us Scavenger first is directly influenced by TFC choosing to release theirs initially. Probably to allow people to directly see the difference in style and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think the reason they are showing us Scavenger first is directly influenced by TFC choosing to release theirs initially. Probably to allow people to directly see the difference in style and execution.
    I'm very much inclined to agree, as the different styles will definitely cater to different tastes that for sure.

Courtesy of TFW2005.com, some new pics of Maketoy's Giant (Not-Devastator) have been provided from the Cherry Bomb Toy Show in Canada, they've been mirrored for posterity:

*Head Sculpt purposely obscured as it is not the final version, this current prototype version will be shown later today/tomorrow.

Some new details too:
    • Gestalt to be roughly 10 inches tall, 1.5 inches shorter than TFC's Hercules and will be to scale with FansProject's Colossus (Not-Bruticus).
    • Figures to be issued in a limited G2 Colour Scheme version first, followed by a G1 version.
    • Figures will be packaged in 3x Twin Packs; sold in a drip-fed fashion during the months of November, December and January - followed by a complete Giftset release.
    • G2 version to have additional paint apps that wont be present/available on the G1 version.
    • G2 version prices stated to be $136USD per Twin Pack and $410USD per Giftset with the G1 variant prices yet to be determined, due to it's fewer paint apps than the G2 version.
    • Each figure will have an individual gun that will combine to form the Gestalt's gun, plus there may be further accessories.

Phwoa thanks for the update Hursti! Sounds like the 2nd "G1" release might be a tad cheaper, given the reduced paint app.

Starting to agree with earlier comments made by kup on pricing though. The more I think about it; $410 is starting to sound quite heavy. Comparing it to the $600 TFC version it does seem cheap, but it would be wrong to treat that as the benchmark for this maketoys set.

$70-$80 per universe-deluxe-sized Constructicons is beginning to feel real tough on the wallet. Having second thoughts now...

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Phwoa thanks for the update Hursti! Sounds like the 2nd "G1" release might be a tad cheaper, given the reduced paint app.

Starting to agree with earlier comments made by kup on pricing though. The more I think about it; $410 is starting to sound quite heavy. Comparing it to the $600 TFC version it does seem cheap, but it would be wrong to treat that as the benchmark for this maketoys set.

$70-$80 per universe-deluxe-sized Constructicons is beginning to feel real tough on the wallet. Having second thoughts now...
    Hopefully these high prices only apply to the 'exclusive' G2 version. If the 'G1' release ends up being $100 per 2-pack then that would be more reasonable even if still pricey.

On the up side, the AU$ is back above parity so hopefully it'll stay that way.