Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
Phwoa thanks for the update Hursti! Sounds like the 2nd "G1" release might be a tad cheaper, given the reduced paint app.
No probs man but the real thanks should go to those taking the photos who're actually there (Alas, I can't afford to leave our shores for quite some time ) and that certainly does look like it's to be the case with regards to the price of the 2.

Starting to agree with earlier comments made by kup on pricing though. The more I think about it; $410 is starting to sound quite heavy. Comparing it to the $600 TFC version it does seem cheap, but it would be wrong to treat that as the benchmark for this maketoys set.

$70-$80 per universe-deluxe-sized Constructicons is beginning to feel real tough on the wallet. Having second thoughts now...
Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
Hopefully these high prices only apply to the 'exclusive' G2 version. If the 'G1' release ends up being $100 per 2-pack then that would be more reasonable even if still pricey.

On the up side, the AU$ is back above parity so hopefully it'll stay that way.
See, I'm not too bothered by the prices of Giant mainly for the following 2 reasons:
  1. I paid $110 for Delicate Warrior (Arcee) who, beyond being a G1 inspired Arcee, didn't exactly have incredible engineering and these figures IMO are well above that, come in pairs and cost only $25 more (Not factoring postage obviously).
  2. Hasbro aren't ever likely to produce something like this, this is the price one will have to pay if you want a Classicsverse Devastator, short of Kit-bashing one's own.

I'll be happy to pay these asking prices, the G1 version having a slight price drop will be welcomed but I'm not expecting it to be much; I'd just really like to have a couple more combiners for my Classicsverse shelf (Dreaming of a Menasor though... ).

A couple of recent pics of Maketoys upcoming products including:
  • Battle Tanker (Classicsverse G2 Prime Upgrade)
  • Yet to be named Not-The Fallen
  • Giant (Constructicons)

Courtesy of Seibertron.com at the Cherry Bomb Toy Show:

Many more photos to go up on Seibertron.com's Event Gallery page later today.