Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: JULY Acquisitions

Also Congrats on the haul Hursticon! Lovin that Lio Convoy. Need for him rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    I never knew/ thought Lio convoy could hold his missiles like nightsticks. This I like When I get the room he's going to break out his nightsticks (not the raver kind either)
    Really? - Cool, I just thought they were a natural thing for him to hold seeing as though he didn't have any hand-held weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Great acquisitions and photos, Hursti!
    Cheers dude, I'm enjoying the lot especially Poncho Megs and BWII Galvatron so I was really happy to get some photos of them taken finally.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Wow! That's really good. It's so rare to find this toy in decent condition.
    If 1AZRAEL1's is anything to go by, that's damn true!

Wow! Hursty! Congrats on your massive Pile of loot and special congratulations on Lio Convoy.
    Thanks Kup, he is definitely a cool 'Prime' that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    He lives next to my TV with Skywarp on the other side. I am only allowed two Transformers in the lounge room & the rest have to live in my office/spare room.
    A harsh ruling but I honestly can't think of a better place for him to reside, such a cool figure!

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Congrates on the Lio Convoy. He's pure awesomesauce and one of my favourites.
    So much so, I even keep mine all packaged up in his box.
    Cheers man - He is indeed a cool figure, though I do prefer Galvatron though , though he was a MISB figure at one point the urge to open was just too great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    picked up the double pack of O.P and comettor today as well as crowbar from K Mart.
    My younger brother is really into the Dreads at the moment and is eagerly anticipating the release of a Deluxe Crowbar, I wonder if his Alt mode will be that of a Van/SUV or a Squad car?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Congrats Hursti!

Your photos are very stunning and beautiful!
    Thank you very much HD, whilst they're certainly not the best I do enjoy and take pride in my attempt at figure photography.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Here you go Hursticon. Couldn't get the camera to focus on the sponser tags though.
    Sweet, cheers man - That deco really does suit an Autobot Race-Team huh?

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Also Congrats on the haul Hursticon! Lovin that Lio Convoy. Need for him rising.
    Man, Lio Convoy is a popular bloke it seems.

He's a cool figure and I'm really glad to finally own him, but I actually find BWII Galvatron to be the more fun toy as his various modes are better thought out and you can really see that the engineers put quite a bit of effort into armaging G1 Galvatron.

Lio Convoy has some exquisite proportions though, even considering the lack of length to his forelimbs in Alt mode but my main gripe with the figure is his main getting in the way in Bot mode as well as his arms and shoulder assembly not really firmly affixing anywhere.

Both are great figures though and I look forward to adding some more Japanese Beast Wars figures to the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I couldn't resist him a few years ago, glad I picked he and Big Convoy up.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Forgot to post this, bought this last Wed for $50 bucks from Toy World.

~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

picked up ironhide today from TRU, their sale has started and got him for $33.95. also got this autobot sticker for free!! Bargain......

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Lio Convoy was the first Transformer toy ever to have a Matrix! That made him incredibly cool to me! He was also the first Beast Wars Convoy/Optimus figure to come with a torso that resembles G1 Optimus Prime -- other toys have had faux-truck torsos before (i.e. PM Optimus Prime/Ginrai, G2 Hero Prime, G2 Laser Prime) - but Lio Convoy was the first to have this feature even though he isn't Optimus Prime and doesn't transform into a truck. And did I mention he has a Matrix?

Sure, the Matrix is non-removable, but the fact that he HAD one just made him all kinds of sexy. Then of course Takara upped the ante with Big Convoy in the next year who featured a gooderer faux-truck-torso and had a removable Matrix that he could wield!

Also, I like how your Lio Convoy and Galvatron look so minty fresh - whereas mine definitely show signs of being well loved in the past 13 years.

He's a cool figure and I'm really glad to finally own him, but I actually find BWII Galvatron to be the more fun toy as his various modes are better thought out and you can really see that the engineers put quite a bit of effort into armaging G1 Galvatron.
    His vehicle mode is also... giggity! *ahem*

I agree that Galvatron is the better of the two Beast Wars Second leaders, but arguably he's a less ambitious toy because his alt modes are fantasy modes and not based on reality, whereas Lio Convoy transforms into a lion. Sure, not many real life lions may have Kimba-esque white fur and a golden mane - but the beast mode sculpt itself is based on a lion. Then Lio Convoy has the additional constraints of having a faux truck chest too. The Lio Convoy mould was probably too ambitious in that regard. Arguably Big Convoy too. I find all the Optimus Primal toys to be more satisfying to play with that Lio Convoy and Big Convoy - and I think a large part of that is because the engineering didn't need to incorporate a faux truck chest.

I'm also not fond of the gnashing teeth sculpted on Galvatron's face, but to be fair, a LOT of the Beast Wars leaders had this (Ultra Megatron, TM Megatron, TM2 Megatron, Magmatron etc.). The Galvamatrix in his chest (that marble thing) was also an interesting touch.

Lio Convoy has some exquisite proportions though, even considering the lack of length to his forelimbs in Alt mode but my main gripe with the figure is his main getting in the way in Bot mode as well as his arms and shoulder assembly not really firmly affixing anywhere.
    I agree, although a bigger gripe I have with the toy is how the torso doesn't lock in very securely or tightly and has a tendency to fall open during play.

Picked up so far this month:
    Animated Autotrooper (not shown)
    DOTM Cyberverse The Ark with Roller
    DOTM Cyberverse Megatron with Blastwave weapons Platform
    DOTM Sideswipe
    DOTM TheScan Series Sideswipe
    DOTM Movie Exclusive Sideswipe
    Beast Wars 2nd Galvatron
    Last edited by LordCyrusOmega; 11th July 2011 at 07:09 PM.

A package from Robot Kingdom just arrived

United Rumble & Frenzy
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls.........Be amazed.........the only DOTM toy that I will buy

Thanks to Toys'R'Us stuff up on their pricing label, I got this for $18.99.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPenney View Post
    A package from Robot Kingdom just arrived

United Rumble & Frenzy
    Did you order this back in early June when they supposedly restocked? I'm only asking because I ordered some at that time and was told to expect them to ship sometime in July. I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]