Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: JULY Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    Picked up DOTM Skyhammer, Shockwave and leader Ironhide.
    I think that ticks all the boxes for DOTM for me.

While I was there I helped a grandmother pick out a TF for her 5 year old grandson (the guy at Target was trying to sell her a leader Bumblebee... bloody jerk)
    wow what an a$$!@#%. why the hell would he try to convince her to buy a 5yo a leader bee for? he must think he works with commission or something... seriously a 5yo trying to transform a leader class toy?

animated cheetor and g2 ramjet were on my doorstep this morning courtesy of the bossbot - cheers ^_^

went to TRU and bought each of the cyberverse playsets and a commander powerglide and a 2nd battle blade bee
    Last edited by kaiden; 22nd July 2011 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Finally, I got my Warpaths!!
    Took forever to cross the pacific and then even longer to get from Auckland to me ..

*snip*

Man its been a long .. 4 months
    That is one seriously big haul Zippo, well done!
    I imagine that they're for other NZ members too yeah?, but how come they took so long to cross the pond?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Received this today!

*snip*

Finally got United Wheeljack, I thought I had missed out. I had the Hasbro one MISC for a while but I wasn't fully satisfied with it so I didn't open it in the hope of getting the United one.
    Congrats on those rather hard to obtain ex-Cassettes dude, so now that you've both versions of Wheeljack - Which do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Just posting the pics of the shirts I got (mentioned before just pccies now coz Im slow and lazy hehehe

*snip*

Front and Back views

*snip*

Apparently Glow in the dark sigil but I havent tried

*snip*

Ok, forgot these two more shirts - one is the Megatron version From Phils - SM dept store and the other is an official TFPH member shirt given to me by my friend Mr Cerbo.

*snip*
    That's a big haul of TF clothing Liege, well done man as there is some nice designs in that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPenney View Post
    Got this today thanks to loophole

*snip*

Shattered Glass Thundercracker
    Congrats BigPenney, pics of those things need a bloody filter though.

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    Have not bought one DOTM thing, so I saved up for these

*snip*

E-hobby Scourge
    Robot Masters Lio Convoy (metallic)
    Primal Prime
    TM-06 Black Widow

Thanks Kurdt for black widow, evilbay - the rest......
    Oh hell yeah Atlas, those are some nice acquisitions man especially with Primal Prime and RM Lio Convoy! - That pose you've got Black Widow-Arachnia in is really well done too if not a little precarious.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Nexus Toy Fair loot.

(With a big THANKS to Bruticus -- yes, I'll have to change my avatar now...)
    Complete Technobots**
    MOSC Warpath
    MOSC Scourge
    Sludge's sword

G1 Rippersnapper and Cutthroat (thanks to Kurdt).
    With these two, I completed the Terrorcons, so I suppose I technically acquired Abominus** today (minus the left foot plate).

BW Torca (complete with broken tail)
    BW Air Hammer
    Legends Jetfire
    William Gibson "Idoru"

*snip*

**pics of Abominus and Computron to come later...
    Hock-Damn that is one big haul - Well done Klystron on both Computron and Abominus as well dude, along with Torca and Air-Hammer!

Quote Originally Posted by nyerk View Post
    My Perth Mint coins which arrived very quickly, thanks again to otca and the Perth mint!

*snip*

And my items from Nexus today!

*snip*

I am quite a happy Transformer fan.
    And so you should be dude, congrats again on the competition as those Coins look great as do the Nexus Fair items!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    RTS Grappel thanx to Loophole
    Well done Robzy, that sucker is a pain to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    ...the other 'acquisitions' of today

*snip*

please pardon my 'funky' method of assembling Abominus. It is the way I prefer him, and I think it looks much better. Oh yeah, and the borrowed Bruticus foot!
    LOL at stolen severed Bruticus foot!
    A great pic Klystron, Computron is the last main-line Scramble City US gestalt that I need and from the looks of his value it'll remain that way for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Not the best pic but some of the stuff I picked up yesterday at Nexus.

Robotmasters Thundercracker and Skywarp from Sonictails, TFCC Dirge from Tetsuwan and Complete G1 Siren from Bruticus.
    *snip*
    Bloody hell, the amount of hauls that consistently come out of this Nexus Fair is really starting to put the old Parra Fair into perspective.

Congrats Valkyrie on a sweet haul dude, the TFCC and G1 Siren are big standouts.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    My Loot:

From Bruticus:
    - MP Megatron and Justitoys Addon

From Valk76
    - Encore Jazz

From AquaPrime
    - Traded Red Powerglide MISB for Energon Jetfire MIB

Missed Loot:
    From kurdt
    - Wii SNES Controller (incoming)
    Yep, as I said - Consistent Hauls!
    Well done Primetime ob the MP5 Megatron and SNES Wii controller dude, an excellent figure and a way better controller.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    DMK optimus Model Kit

*snip*

will be a while before ill make it
    Build It! - Build It! - Build It! -Build It!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    Having only JUST got home from this Saturday's Nexus fair, my haul is as follows.

TFCC Seacons (HELL YEAH)
    G1 Steeljaw (Complete)
    G1 Rewind (Complete)
    G1 Quake (Missing turret/ Near Complete)
    Generations Drift
    Classics Powerglide (Red Edition)

And got home today to find
    G1 Gnaw and a missed parcel (hopefully from TFScource)

A dude was selling a complete/ partically busted Omega Supreme I'll contact later on. I have a couple of bits to fix him up
    Holy Crap! - Very, very nice indeed Aqua, so many awesome G1 figures right there!

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Recieved off Verno:
    BW Fuzor Silverbolt
    BW TM Tarantulus
    BW TM2 Cheetor.
    Awesome! - This is what I'd like to see more of, Beast Wars acquisitions and Verno making sales!
    Very nice LordCyrus, TM Tarantulas and Silverbolt are 2 of the best figures from the Main Cast - That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Received today from SGB

1 x Classics Jetfire
    1 x Classics Grimlock
    1 x MP Starscream

Overall very happy with them especially Jetfire but a little let down with Grimlock & I suspect I will have to get the MP version to be satisfied.

A great ending to a really crappy day.
    Nice acquisitions Prowl!
    Jetfire is definitely one of the best of the original line of Classicsverse figures , which unfortunately the same can't be said for Grimmy which is why I decided to omit him from the collection and gave him to my Brother.
    MP Starscream, waist kibble aside, is easily one of the best Masterpiece figures they've done as his Alt mode is beautiful and is the reason why he and Skywarp remain perpetually in flight on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    My Generations order from Mighty Ape - one of New Zealand's best online stores, Until this order, never had an issue.

*snip*

and how it was packed

*snip*

and the damage

*snip*

-- Still haven't heard back from them
    Oh man, I'm sorry to see that Zippo as that is thoroughly disgusting how they've 'packed' those figures - What's more annoying is I bet you'll get nil contact back from them too.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Got flash freeze assault set from kmart and tm airazor pink/purple chrome variant
    Ooh! Pink/Purple Chrome variant you say Swoop? - Might I ask for some pics dude?

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    My nine-year-old son's birthday haul - a combination of presents, gift card and cold hard cash (plus an advance of pocket money )

*snip*

He picked up:

the Ark
    DOTM Starscream action set
    BIS Rodimus/Cyclonus
    RTS Lugnut
    RTS Strafe
    DOTM legion Barricade
    DOTM Nitro Bumblebee
    DOTM legion Bumblebee/Soundwave/Rodimus
    Generations Thundercracker
    Happy Birthday to your little bloke Snakey and bloody-hell what a haul!

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Just got my United Tracks in the mail. Don't like the packaging at all. Hasbro's Generations looks much better.... BUT...... United Tracks is THE sexiest thing i have laid my eyes on since Takara's Metals Rampage.
    I love the mold but am not too fussed about Takara's paint jobs but this one I definitely have to agree is the superior, the blue paint is just absolutely 'yummy' - which is the best way I can describe it, Well done Sibling of Sideswipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    Masterpiece Megatron from Shin Tokyo. Bargain price at $159.00. Just couldn't resist!
    Oh wow, well done man - Was that inclusive of postage?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    Waiting for me when I got home

Classics/ Henkei Ghost Starscream (The exclusive one you get with the book)
    Alternity Thundercracker and Skywarp
    The Alternity line never interested me much until I saw the Seekers and their quite awesome Alt modes that somehow still manage to achieve a 'Jet-like' silhouette in Bot mode, congratulations Aqua... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I bought Solar Storm Grapple at the start of the month.

But other figures that have since arrived are..
    -Botcon AM Thundercracker
    -TFCC G2 Ramjet (thx griffin)
    -Ultimate Optimus Prime
    -United Darkside Megatron (so pretty! )
    -United Darkside Optimus Prime
    Damn Deonasis, that's one exclusive haul there man!

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    My recent acquisitions here...

Too tired to link the pictures in, but there are all here (I assure you).

Finally, finally managed to get the small guns for Longtooth and Stranglehold (took more than a year).
    Argh! - I'm sorry dude, I'm still yet to get to your blog to see what you've got, I've blocked from my eyes the subsequent posts accordingly.
    Well done on finally obtaining those damn elusive guns for Longtooth and Stranglehold too man!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    Picked up DOTM Sky Hammer from Target's sale for $33.25. No Shockwaves unfortunately so the hunt continues for him

*snip*

His legs were pretty loose so I got the old jeweler screw driver out and tightened those bad buys up. Now he can pose any which way I want
    That is a really nice photo dude and as Sharky says, a great background too!

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Recieved Animated Cheetor courtesy of Griffin.
    Animated? - Cheetor?, Blasphemy sir!, repent your sins to Primus at once!

While I was there I helped a grandmother pick out a TF for her 5 year old grandson (the guy at Target was trying to sell her a leader Bumblebee... bloody jerk)
    Nice acquisitions dude and good on you for helping out that Grandmother! , as I hate those sorts of Sales tactics however required they may or may not be.
    What are your thoughts on Skyhammer and Shockwave?

My acquisitions over the past couple of weeks:

Titan Books: G1 Marvel Comics Reprint, Cybertron Redux (HC) - Courtesy of BookDepository.com
    TF ROTF: EDT Spray - Courtesy of my Brother on his recent trip to Las Vegas
    (Does anyone know what EDT stands for and what type of spray this actually is? )
    IDW: Beast Wars Omnibus - Courtesy of eBay UK
    '07 Movie: Blackout & Barricade Statuette - Courtesy of eBay AU
    G1: Micromaster, Decepticon Race Track Patrol: Roller Force, Barricade, Ground Hog & Motorhead - Courtesy of eBay AU
    G1: Micromaster, Autobot Transport: Erector - Courtesy of eBay AU
    G1: Micromaster, Autobot Long Range Defense: Retro - Courtesy of eBay AU
    G1: Monster Pretender, Decepticon: Birdbrain - Courtesy of eBay AU
    G1: Scorponok's Lift piece, Starscream's Missiles & Dirge's Landing Gear - Courtesy of Rampagesss
    DOTM: Leader Class, Autobot: Sentinel Prime - Courtesy of Big W's Sale

And also, courtesy of my Brother on his recent Las Vegas trip - A customised Transformers Cap:
    (My 1st cap in about a decade! )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That is one seriously big haul Zippo, well done!
    I imagine that they're for other NZ members too yeah?, but how come they took so long to cross the pond?
    Wow thats a lot of quotes there Hursticon!
    I've been importing the Generations Warpath Wave for other New Zealanders since BBTS started shipping out the pre-orders. I filled every other order before I filled mine -- unfortunatly there was at least a 2 month gap between the filling of the last order and the final case to be shipped.

So I have seen so many Warpaths go through me, but never being able to open one to play with the toy. So after 4 months of waiting to do just that, I finally can (except .. I haven't yet)

So, bad sentence structure - the parcel didn't take four months to arrive (about 3 weeks)

Nice acquisitions Prowl!
    Jetfire is definitely one of the best of the original line of Classicsverse figures , which unfortunately the same can't be said for Grimmy which is why I decided to omit him from the collection and gave him to my Brother.
    MP Starscream, waist kibble aside, is easily one of the best Masterpiece figures they've done as his Alt mode is beautiful and is the reason why he and Skywarp remain perpetually in flight on my shelf.
    The kibble is annoying & I may possibly remove it as I will be displaying them in bot mode. Grimlock is somewhat sucky but Jetfire is pure undiluted win.

Love the cap you got all nice & personalised so no one will pinch it!

I Loooove that personalized Cap Hursty!!!

My haul today while staying home courtesy muling by my cousin kristoferrer, thanks cuz - thanks to SGB for selling this

Encore Trailbreaker.... coz my original trailbreraker has a loose head heheheh. Im not opening any of the new encore stuff Im getting, it's actually back-up figs. I already got the figure loose on display anyways
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

gotta love the wife, she works for aust post and picked up this little prize for me. the best thing is that the other 2 are on there way

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Hursty - love the cap!

Got home and this was on the doorstep (just the WST, others are for size comparison). It's not quite MP5 but very cool nonetheless and really tiny, I had no idea! Then went to Target and picked up sky hammer!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    wow what an asshole. why the hell would he try to convince her to buy a 5yo a leader bee for? he must think he works with commission or something... seriously a 5yo trying to transform a leader class toy?
    I don't see why he's a jerk or an asshole - I got my nephew (who was 5 at the time) a TF1 movie leader prime and he absolutely loved it and was able to transform it after being shown just twice by me. And the sound gimmicks got him hook, line and sinker. Not to mention he was the envy of kids in his kindy class. He was like a god with that toy at school so I don't see why recommending a leader BB for a 5 year old can be a bad thing.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I don't see why he's a jerk or an asshole - I got my nephew (who was 5 at the time) a TF1 movie leader prime and he absolutely loved it and was able to transform it after being shown just twice by me. And the sound gimmicks got him hook, line and sinker. Not to mention he was the envy of kids in his kindy class. He was like a god with that toy at school so I don't see why recommending a leader BB for a 5 year old can be a bad thing.
    That was you buying it though. You knew what was involved and the price.
    This guy is trying to sell this poor lady the most expensive toy in the line (apart from Jetwing...) and she was none the wiser. If it weren't for me asking to assist her she would have walked out -$65 and not known about the other choices available.
    The thing that annoyed me was that he went straight for the leader and threw it in her arms, just telling her 'Transformers, popular toys'.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    DMK optimus Model Kit

will be a while before ill make it
    Build It! - Build It! - Build It! -Build It!
    Started it at 1:30PM
    Finished it at 10:00PM

Will start a thread tomorrow