Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: JULY Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Started it at 1:30PM
    Finished it at 10:00PM

Will start a thread tomorrow
    ....Some say to even attempt to build it is to go INSANE (Maniacal Laughter).

one sexy. sexy robot kit btw.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Started it at 1:30PM
    Finished it at 10:00PM

*snip*

Will start a thread tomorrow
    Wow - I totally agree with TB's statement, that really is a beautiful kit!
    Well done on it's construction dude, 8 and a half hours is certainly an undertaking!

Deluxe Topspin from the target sale. Still cannot convince myself to pay $15 for Commander Powerglide, too much for such a tiny toy.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    wow what an asshole. why the hell would he try to convince her to buy a 5yo a leader bee for? he must think he works with commission or something... seriously a 5yo trying to transform a leader class toy?e
    Why would the Target employee trying to HELP a customer be seen as bad?

Isn't a lack of customer service (and price) pretty much all everyone ever complains about lately?

You don't seriously believe he was trying to get more money out of a customer?

I have never heard anything about Target staff trying to really push sales to make their budget.

As you said he wouldn't gain anything from doing it.

Received the following

Revoltech Hot-Rod (will be keeping this one)
    Revoltech Optimus Prime
    Revoltech Ultra Magnus
    Revoltech Starscream
    Revoltech Megatron

More customs to come

Quote Originally Posted by TF76 View Post
    Why would the Target employee trying to HELP a customer be seen as bad?

Isn't a lack of customer service (and price) pretty much all everyone ever complains about lately?

You don't seriously believe he was trying to get more money out of a customer?

I have never heard anything about Target staff trying to really push sales to make their budget.

As you said he wouldn't gain anything from doing it.
    first i'll point to this:

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    The thing that annoyed me was that he went straight for the leader and threw it in her arms, just telling her 'Transformers, popular toys'.
    as for my post, no I don't seriously believe he was trying to get more money out of a customer - that was more of a spiteful comment at the quality of customer service because I don't believe picking up a toy and just handing it to the customer saying its popular is proper customer service.

if you applied that to every life situation of your own, how would that make you feel? music? food? cars? there's variety for a reason.

back to the leader bee though. personally, I would have asked her first if there was specific character the 5yo liked and then pointed out the different size classes/prices because you know there's a thing called budget. I also highlighted your second sentence to reinforce my point.

i can also see the other side to this - its the biggest toy sale ever! and the stores are crowded and they're probably understaffed and aren't familiar with their products so he's probably stressed, tired etc. but this is an old lady buying a gift for her grandchild and isnt familiar with the product herself. she doesn't go online and research toys or buy online to save some money - she goes to the toy sale at a physical store and is asking for a little help.

After checking four shops I got TF Ongoing #21 and 22. Read them on the train home. Great issues. I'll add comments to the review thread later tonight but for those that complain individual TF comics don't have enough "story", #22 is a fulfilling read. They even redcued the font size to get more dialogue in.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 22nd July 2011 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    After checking four shops I got TF Ongoing #21 and 22. Read them on the train home. Great issues. I'll add comments to the review thread later tonight but for those that complain individual TF comics don't have enough "story", #22 is a fulfilling read. They even redcued the font size to get more dialogue in.
    Sweet!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    What shops would have these out in the south east suburbs? I check newagents whenever I'm in them and used to check in Borders.

Found HA sideswipe at Kmart Fountain Gate then went into Big W and they had a pile (10 or so) of Optimash Prime (he is a prime!) which I missed a few years ago. Cute as!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickymac View Post
    What shops would have these out in the south east suburbs? I check newagents whenever I'm in them and used to check in Borders.
    None, I work in the city and did the four comic shops in the city. Turns out the last store was the only with both issues. Should have gone there first