Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

In response to your questions Hursticon, I never really got into Beast Wars so I cant judge. The G1 series, movie and the live action movies are my favs.

Dark of the Moon... I was devastated. Such an unnecessary death! My initial reaction was sadness, now I'm just angry. I'm attempting to collect all the DotM Ironhide toys now.

I need to get my hands on Rodimus and Ultra Magnus, and a Masterpiece Optimus Prime. I'll be a happy girl then.

And a question: Does anyone here make the journey to Bot Con? I'm thinking of saving up to go next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I'm looking forward to expanding my collection, especially with some more G1 figures.
    I can't help but think Gen-1 when I see your name.

Welcome.

hey jena... welcome to the forums

a few make the trip to botcon, ( i haven't yet ) but if you go... you wont be alone.
    they've even set up a private section on the forums so attendee's can all hook up and sort details etc...

i've convinced my wife that we should go next year...

hope you enjoy your time around here

janda

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Tell the truth Hursti... You have alot more in common with Jena then your letting on

This is more acurate isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    LOL @ Bartrim
    Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    @ Hursty, I had to read on your reply .. prolly coz you opened it with something like - parallels - for a moment there I thought you were getting Barbie's instead of TFs as well as a kid ... okay mebbe Ken...
    ARGH! - I knew after posting that I'd be walking into trouble!

In response to your questions Hursticon, I never really got into Beast Wars so I cant judge. The G1 series, movie and the live action movies are my favs.
    That's cool, I thought I might ask as he tends to be a 'Prime' that stands out, for better or worse, to Optimus Primes fans I've noticed.
    I myself am not that big of a fan of Beast Machines, Unicron Trilogy & Animated so yeah - Each to their own.

Dark of the Moon... I was devastated. Such an unnecessary death! My initial reaction was sadness, now I'm just angry. I'm attempting to collect all the DotM Ironhide toys now.
    Yeah, I must say I was a little taken back by how sudden/early he was killed off but also how quickly he seemed to be forgotten by the rest of the cast?

I need to get my hands on Rodimus and Ultra Magnus, and a Masterpiece Optimus Prime. I'll be a happy girl then.
    G1 Rodimus and Magnus shouldn't be too hard to acquire I imagine, just trying to get them 100% complete is a challenge if you go the loose route, Masterpiece Prime is awesome if you're referring to MP-04 but there is a new one coming out discussed here.

And a question: Does anyone here make the journey to Bot Con? I'm thinking of saving up to go next year.
    There are a couple of members who go often/semi-often, this year's was detailed rather well here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Yeah, I must say I was a little taken back by how sudden/early he was killed off but also how quickly he seemed to be forgotten by the rest of the cast?
    For sure, he seemed forgotten so quickly. Optimus didn't even mourn his 'old friend' in any kind of way. When Optimus killed Sentinel, it would have been nice to add in a little line like "That was for Ironhide." or something, you know? Though, I suppose all Jazz got was an 'Oh, Jazz' and that was all over and done with.

G1 Rodimus and Magnus shouldn't be too hard to acquire I imagine, just trying to get them 100% complete is a challenge if you go the loose route, Masterpiece Prime is awesome if you're referring to MP-04 but there is a new one coming out discussed here.
    Yep, MP-04. But oh man, that new one looks wonderful. I should have known joining this forum would form a large hole in my bank account!

There are a couple of members who go often/semi-often, this year's was detailed rather well here.
    Awesome! It looks like its well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I can't help but think Gen-1 when I see your name.

Welcome.
    Hah, that's awesome! I love it.

Thanks!

Great welcome pic Deceptic_Optic

Welcome another girlie to the forum and no collection is too small. All of us had to start somewhere!

My parents bought me barbies as well when I was a kid. But lucky I've got a big brother who had TFs that I played with and loved them.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Welcome aboard Jena, I'm still cold after watching what they did to Ironhide. Maybe they'll do a reboot with a decent producer . I see someone has answered your Q about Botcon. We seem to be having an increase each year of the number of people from this forum who attend. I'm hoping to get there next year with my better half, as per usual it'll depend on fiscal drag.

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Great welcome pic Deceptic_Optic

Welcome another girlie to the forum and no collection is too small. All of us had to start somewhere!

My parents bought me barbies as well when I was a kid. But lucky I've got a big brother who had TFs that I played with and loved them.
    One of my best childhood friends had loads of Transformers so I always played with his, and his TMNTs. For all I know the little Ratchet I have from my childhood is actually his, not mine.