Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New member

Default New member

Hi guys! My name is Jena, from Mildura, Victoria and I'm 26 years old. I've been a Transformers fan since I was 4 years old, having grown up with the original Transformers.

I've recently got into collecting, although my collection is quite tiny, especially since I never had many Transformers toy as a kid, my parents always gave me Barbie dolls instead. I'm not fussy with what I collect, but my collection is mostly movie stuff and is dominated by Optimus Prime and Ironhide. I guess I play favourites, Optimus Prime was my childhood favourite and I'm planning on getting him tattooed on me sometime this year.

I'm looking forward to expanding my collection, especially with some more G1 figures.

welcome aboard Jena

Welcome fellow G1 enthusist !

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!

Hmm... I see some parallels Jena,
    I'm 26 also, identified Transformers as being my favourite thing in the world at the age of 4, as I too grew up with the tail-end re-runs of G1 followed by some Cybernetic Space Cube thing? , but my parents also didn't buy me a lot of TFs but more so for financial reasons though.

To a lot of us, size means little compared to how much enjoyment one gets out of their collection - So if you've got a small collection and you enjoy it, that's all that counts.
    On that note, we love perusing the collections of others big and small, so if you'd like to, please consider posting some pics of your collection here.

So Prime is your favourite eh?, I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Optimus Primal?
    (I'm a bit of a Beast Wars fan )

I've another question involving Ironhide, but in case you've not seen the new movie: Dark of The Moon, I'll hold off from asking it.

You're looking to add some G1 figures to your collection are you?, is there any in particular that you've got your sights set on?

Welcome to Ozformers Jena

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

Hmm... I see some parallels Jena,
    I'm 26 also, identified Transformers as being my favourite thing in the world at the age of 4, as I too grew up with the tail-end re-runs of G1 followed by some Cybernetic Space Cube thing? , but my parents also didn't buy me a lot of TFs but more so for financial reasons though.
    Tell the truth Hursti... You have alot more in common with Jena then your letting on

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    especially since I never had many Transformers toy as a kid, my parents always gave me Barbie dolls instead.
    This is more acurate isn't it?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Welcome to the board!

LOL @ Bartrim

G'day and welcome to the boards

Mabuhay and Welcome to the forum Jena!!
    OH and it's not how big your collection Jena, it's how it's loved and cherished by the owner that counts!
    @ Hursty, I had to read on your reply .. prolly coz you opened it with something like - parallels - for a moment there I thought you were getting Barbie's instead of TFs as well as a kid ... okay mebbe Ken...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Decepticon Guest

Welcome Jena! A fellow movie enthusiast! Yay!

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]