Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat Thread

Pictures of my Mortal Kombat collection here. It's all I could find for now (I'm sure I have some collector cards as well) but I'll add to it if I find more stuff.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Funny that a fighting game would have such a rich mythology.
    For me , It's similar to my transformer addiction. I remember all the older kids down the video shop kicking my ass on SF2. When MK came down ( i was at that impressionable age) and i saw Raiden blow someones head off (Guile and his Golden Stance, Who gives a $#!+), I knew I had to get good at this game. Sure enough, a few hundred dollar coins later, I was burning ,ripping and knocking off double heads from all the challengers.... best damn days of my life.. Same with number 2. Lost a bit of interest in MK3..... Then MK9. wtf. although my only criticism is some of the endings.
    John Cage, a god!. (not to me) . lui kang, bad? . Raiden, a pansy?. Sheeva, Australia??? by boat no less. Good luck!

O.G. Scorpion all the way!. It's a tragic story and i really feel for the guy..
    F*&^ing lin kuei...
    Last edited by Slag; 18th January 2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Had to vent a bit more. Suppressed childhood anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post

O.G. Scorpion all the way!. It's a tragic story and i really feel for the guy..
    F*&^ing lin kuei...
    Totally agree here man.

As a kid, we had there Arcade cabinets and man did they get an absolute flogging!
    I wasn't afforded pocket money often as a kid, wheat little I did get went on trying to acquire 2nd hand TFs , but man I enjoyed watching the older blokes destroy each other from MK I to 3.

It made it all the more enjoyable when me and my mate hired them for his Megadrive and we'd go gang busters but man were so many controllers replaced due to those bloody Fatalities!
    MK I was fine, MK II was a mongrel and 3? - forget about it!, 1 button fatality codes FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Totally agree here man.

As a kid, we had there Arcade cabinets and man did they get an absolute flogging!
    I wasn't afforded pocket money often as a kid, wheat little I did get went on trying to acquire 2nd hand TFs , but man I enjoyed watching the older blokes destroy each other from MK I to 3.

It made it all the more enjoyable when me and my mate hired them for his Megadrive and we'd go gang busters but man were so many controllers replaced due to those bloody Fatalities!
    MK I was fine, MK II was a mongrel and 3? - forget about it!, 1 button fatality codes FTW!
    They were the days (staying up all night to play video games) I had nintendo so our fatalities were a little more.... umm... extremely lame but still.. I find MK9 is great when your having a good night But really frustrating if your just a bit off. (especially when my mates go into button mashing mode) Some nights unstoppable. some nights.. not so much

are there any such codes for mk9??

Not that I know of, but I've found the fatalities to be rather forgiving, hell I can even pull them off when I've been drinking (most of the time )

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Not that I know of, but I've found the fatalities to be rather forgiving, hell I can even pull them off when I've been drinking (most of the time )
    Ha. A bit of a drink probably helps... Loosens up the digits and reduces stage fright at that critical moment , Nice, natural, fluid movement.. Now <>>< Y and drive them into the ground and kick their head off!! (not the right combo for that fatality (no down arrow key) but you get the idea).

So, anyone got MK: Komplete Edition on Pre-Order?

I'm getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    So, anyone got MK: Komplete Edition on Pre-Order?

I'm getting it.
    I'm thinking about it and most online stores have it cheap. Depends if I sell-off my spare copy of MK9 as well; I don't really need 3 copies of pretty much the same game.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Steam has Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection for <$10. But requires 3GB HD space and Windows Vista?

B!tch I have MAME

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Steam has Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection for <$10. But requires 3GB HD space and Windows Vista?
    Umm... What!?!