Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: Prime

Default Transformers: Prime

Hey all - I did try a quick search and couldn't really find anything on this, but I thought I would start a thread on the new TV show "Transformers: Prime", I've been watching what I can of season 1 on YouTube, and it is well worth a watch!!! But what has me more excited is the toys that are getting released for the TV show!!!
    I did a quick Google search and did find a few images of toys getting released! Some of them do look pretty neat!
    Anyway I highly recommend you guys have a watch!

One annoying thing about the show though is SPOILER

Bumblebee can't talk in this show either!! What is with bumblebee having no voice all of a sudden?

Anyway I'll post a few pictures of the toys that I could find! Enjoy.

Warning!!! May contain spoilers of characters in TV show. If you do not want to know what characters are in the show please stop looking at this thread NOW!

Optimus Prime Vehicle Mode:

Optimus Prime Robot Mode:

Bumblebee Vehicle Mode:

Bumblebee Robot Mode:

Arcee Vehicle Mode:

Arcee Robot Mode:

Megatron Vehicle Mode:

Megatron Robot Mode:

Starscream Vehicle Mode:

Starscream Robot Mode:

I hope this hasn't been posted anywhere yet - I am known to re-post a lot of useless crap without even realizing!!
    Personally, I'm looking most forward to the Megatron figure! His robot mode looks mad!!!

Anyways, Enjoy and once again I hope this info hasn't been posted on here before!

I don't think anyone has uploaded decent quality pictures of the toys but some information about them has been covered in the botcon thread by griffin i think.
    most of the discussion has been about the actual episodes in the review thread but i don't remember any actual toyline discussion.

so far i think
    -Optimus looks cheap and nasty.
    -Bumblebee is okay in the cartoonish representation and I like his head sculpt over the movie version
    -Arcee is has a very nice sexy symmetrical look.
    -Megatron is awesome but his head is visible in alt mode lol.
    -Starcream looks decent.

I am mostly looking forward to Bulkhead

I too cannot wait for a bulkhead figure to be released, but upon searching Google I couldn't find much! I hope to collect each and every character from the show though as I'm really getting into it - Same with Animated!! Loved the figures from that!

Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Ah, Thank you Karnival! Like I said good chance it has already been posted!

Quote Originally Posted by BannoBenny View Post
    Ah, Thank you Karnival! Like I said good chance it has already been posted!
    There are also episode reviews in the review section, but don't be concerned BannoBenny about this threads creation - I think the only reason why it's been avoided in the past has been the fact that technically it hasn't aired here in Australia yet and hence any talk about the show could be considered a Spoiler.

I myself love the show and I think it stands as the kids of today's G1, which is the intent of it to my understanding, but I've got to tell you that I am in love with Prime's Soundwave!

I've only seen 2 episodes but I like what I saw. Don't want to get to attached though after the Animated fiasco.
    Only gripe is Optimus talks to much, just comes across to preachy? I don't know. I just think..stop talking and shoot someone

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    I've only seen 2 episodes but I like what I saw. Don't want to get to attached though after the Animated fiasco.
    Fear not then, as the show has been Green-lit with a guarantee of 3 seasons comprised of 26 episodes each that'll definitely go to air... pending The Hub stays afloat.

I do agree about Optimus! However that was originally the true Autobot way. If they could get away with out using their weapons and only using words, they would. I am however extremely excited for the figures coming out for this show! They look amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Only gripe is Optimus talks to much, just comes across to preachy? I don't know. I just think..stop talking and shoot someone
    Dude... you should've come to SupaNova and listened to Neil Kaplan do his impersonations of Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime of the 80s ("Authoritative yet action packed hero!") vs Optimus Prime of today ("Slow... ponderous... deep-booming voice")... and umm... yeah, I'll save the rest of that story for IRL conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by BannoBenny View Post
    I do agree about Optimus! However that was originally the true Autobot way. If they could get away with out using their weapons and only using words, they would.
    Really?! In both #1 of the G1 comics and episode 1 of the G1 cartoon, when the Decepticons boarded the Ark, Optimus Prime eagerly led a counter-offensive. There was no "parlay" or negotiation. Likewise when the Autobots first encountered the Decepticons on Earth -- yeah, it was on for young and old!