Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Newbie from NSW

Default Another Newbie from NSW

Hi all,

My name's Scott. 30 year old from Ulladulla in NSW. I was referred to this site by a friend of mine who is a moderator on here.

Been a TF fan since I was a kid. I grew up watching the G1 cartoons. I was never really a fan of subsequent series, however I did collect and own several toys from post-G1 collections. I owned a Powermaster Optimus Prime at some stage that I got for XMAS one year.. No idea where that went (sorry guys), plus a bunch of other transformers.

What really got me passionate about transformers was the G1 animated movie. While I moved away from TF after that as I got into sport etc, that movie and its sound track has always meant a lot to me.

Finally in the process of re-watching the entire G1 series, Rebirth, and the 3 Japanese series.

I have a few comics (I had HEAPS more when I was a kid, of the classic 1980's comics which I no doubt threw away (sorry again).

I am also a designer/developer and have a few little Transformers art projects happening, such as taking stills from the movie and turning them into more detailed artworks etc (not finished though).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and give an intro. I'll be sure to pop in regularly.

Peace.

Scott

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!

A lot of people go through the rediscovery of TFs, especially when growing up gets in the way of things , so you're not alone in that respect but I know many, apart from myself, would love to see some of your artworks whenever you have the time to share them with us.

One question though, who might your favourite character be?

Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely post up the artworks once they are finished

As for favourite, it's Optimus Prime, as common and generic as that obviously is. He is the character that I love the most. From his design, colours, and of course his persona. The sound his gun makes. And that amazing scene when 'The Touch' first kicks in when Prime lands on earth to stop the fight "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cause"... into slow motion transformation and him going postal on the cons. I like that he's a reluctant warrior (he isn't so much like that in the three live action films, and in those I don't like him as much).

I also quite like Unicron and also Primus and wished that the notion/idea/character of Primus had been etched out in the G1 series, particularly when Unicron was around.

Looking forward to them dude.

Nothing wrong with liking G1 Prime man, he defines the franchise 20+ years on!
    His toys, apart from the Actiomaster figure (I'm not a fan of non-transforming, transformers toys), are awesome and especially Powermaster Prime who is easily one of my favourite G1 figures; next to Scorponok and my personal all-time favourite, Soundwave!

I too like the idea of the God-formers, I'm in the process of trying to educate myself on the pair beyond the '86 movie as they have quite a bit of interesting fiction written about them, post G1 period anyway.
    Oh yeah, with regard to the Live Action Prime, it's best not to look at him as the G1 Prime - I do like his absolute lust for blood/Energon however as I find it rather comical.

Welcome welcome!!Hope you enjoy interacting in the forum. Hope to see those artworks as well. How do you find the new Tf:Prime series? What Toys series do you collect or have collected, doesnt matter if it's complete or not. Have you read the Last Stand of the Wreckers?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Welcome

rekindling ones flame for Transformers is always fun...especially if you manage to obtain items from when you first had them...

welcome to the board. good to see bartrim convinced you to join up we need more southcoast lads on the board

welcome to the boards scott...

i gave away almost all my old toys too... it just gives me more incentive to buy stuff now. ( my poor wife... lol )

hope you dig this place

janda