Thread: Help Needed - Downloading PSN Games via PC

Default Help Needed - Downloading PSN Games via PC

I'm after a little help / advice. Basically as the subject suggests, I want to know if it is possible to download games that are available on the PSN via a PC and transfer it to a PS3 using a USB.

I've read some information online that suggests that it is possible, however for every post that states this, there are others that say it can't be done.

Are there any PS3 owners here who have successfully done it? Cheers!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Hmm, I was thinking about this as as well a while ago though.

As far as my research led me, I came to the conclusion that you can browse the PSN shop on your PC, but can't dl and transfer to your PS3. The only way I found to get them onto your PS3 is through the PSN shop browser on the PS3.

I just signed into the PC link for PSN and tried having a look at a way of DLing the games from there, but it doesn't seem possible.

The only other option would be illegal( if that even works).

The site does mention using 'Media go' for dling from PSN, but that is only for PSP.

But you can download OS updates and transfer them right? I recall someone suggesting that a while ago but never tried it. I haven't been on the network in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    But you can download OS updates and transfer them right? I recall someone suggesting that a while ago but never tried it. I haven't been on the network in months.
    Indeed you can download PS3 Firmware updates via PC, store/transfer the data on USB and install on the PS3 - It seems really stupid to not allow the same thing with bought and paid for games from the PSN...

So, judging by the comments here it doesn't seem to be possible Thanks anyway guys.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    You can do that and need to if you put in a new hard drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Indeed you can download PS3 Firmware updates via PC, store/transfer the data on USB and install on the PS3 - It seems really stupid to not allow the same thing with bought and paid for games from the PSN...
    It's all about control of the 'product' no doubt