Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: September doobiewhackers

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I received Transformers Generations 2011 Vol 2 today thanks to Simon Furman.

He was selling it, signed, on eBay. It was cheaper than any of the online stores, and as a fan of his comics since I was 7, it was a real thrill to get a book directly from him.
    That is extremely awesome Paul.

Question - Is this the same as volume 1 but updated to include the last 10 years or so?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That is extremely awesome Paul.

Question - Is this the same as volume 1 but updated to include the last 10 years or so?
    No, since 2009 there's been an ongoing series (6 books so far) that cover the current toys (with a primarily Japanese focus but comphrensive of all US releases too). They are collectively inclusive of everything from the 2007 movie toyline onwards. I'd planned to do a review this weekend.

Thanks Paul That's very helpful.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Pardon the yucky iPhone picture but here are today's Target purchases.

Bought me the little Prime set from Big W for under $12. Makes it relevant and comparable to the smaller lego sets, and very decent in comparison to the licensed sets.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

my international "express" post package sent on the 23rd of august from BBTS arrived today...... way late but still awesome.

WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Pardon the yucky iPhone picture but here are today's Target purchases.

*snip*
    That's a sweet haul there Jena, after having bought Sideswipe yesterday myself; I've got to say that these Kreo sets are really quite cool and that's from someone who isn't really a 'Lego' guy but has been tempted in the past - You'll have to let us know your thoughts on the 'Big' Prime set as that set is really tempting!

Quote Originally Posted by mentok27 View Post
    my international "express" post package sent on the 23rd of august from BBTS arrived today...... way late but still awesome.

*snip*
    Damn Mentok27, that is a seriously sweet 3rd Party Haul there man; Well Done!
    I see you're looking to build an Armada of Sweeps too!

@Mr_Ed: Holy S*** Ed!
    Last edited by Hursticon; 10th September 2011 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That's a sweet haul there Jena, after having bought Sideswipe yesterday myself; I've got to say that these Kreo sets are really quite cool and that's from someone who isn't really a 'Lego' guy but has been tempted in the past - You'll have to let us know your thoughts on the 'Big' Prime set as that set is really tempting!
    I wasn't originally planning on getting the big Prime until I saw griffin's photo in the review thread. That totally sold me because it's really cool looking. And I figured since I'm not getting Ultimate Prime, I needed some kind of modern Prime with a trailer so Kre-O will do! I was a Lego kid but grew out it of but I'm officially addicted to these darn Kre-O sets. Once I build big Prime I will post photos and such in the review thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reflector View Post
    maybe an ozformers trip and a crash on HD's loungeroom floor is in order
    Or UM's lounge room....

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I received Transformers Generations 2011 Vol 2 today thanks to Simon Furman.

He was selling it, signed, on eBay. It was cheaper than any of the online stores, and as a fan of his comics since I was 7, it was a real thrill to get a book directly from him.

Wow, awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Good luck with this endeavor Sharky. From experience Pretender Vroom was THE hardest to find - in terms of completeness and reasonable price...
    Yeah, agree man. I remember the time when you, kup and myself were actively looking for Vroom. Awesome toy though, just that bit better than Crossblades and Thunderwing. Good to display with Iguanus too...

My Amazon Unicron arrived this morning, right on the estimated delivery time.

And before anyone asks, no I dont have any spare and I am not selling this