Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: other half & transformers

I think the only reason my wife lets me buy toys is because I convinced her they'll be worth a fortune if I die before she does

One of my female couzins said i was a freak which really put me down (she was joking but it really hurted) , i am single but it really hard to tell other people you collect toys, i guess if someone really likes you for who you are your hobbies shouldnt really get in the way, unless that hobby heavily influences your attitude and behaviour contrasy to what she liked about u in the first place.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    A couple of years ago, There was this one week when something like 3 packages arrived (it was a total coincidence) & by the time the 3rd one showed up, An extremely angry threat was made to completely destroy it...
    To me this is a warning sign about a relationship. Okay, there's a limit (bills, rent, etc kinda matter), but if you're serious about someone, you have to be willing to embrace them as they are - with all their quirks and flaws. While that doesn't mean the sig. other needs to become a transfan, they should respect that the collection is an important part of your life and who you are. If they don't, then you've got to wonder about the future of the relationship.

By the same token, if I was to meet a girl with a comparable hobby or interest, I'd give her the space to indulge in that interest, because it's part what makes her who she is.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

it doesnt help when society thinks all geeks are like comic book guy on the Simpson
    Wanted items:

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    One of my female couzins said i was a freak which really put me down (she was joking but it really hurted) , i am single but it really hard to tell other people you collect toys, i guess if someone really likes you for who you are your hobbies shouldnt really get in the way, unless that hobby heavily influences your attitude and behaviour contrasy to what she liked about u in the first place.
    Bingo, I wouldn't worry about it mate, if someone doesn't like your hobby and thinks less of you for it, your better off with out them.

My wife accepts my interests, because she knows everyone has their own interests / hobbies just as she has hers (watching TV and cartoons).

Having said that, my collection is tiny compared to most of yours, so I am not certain if having a big collection would mean a different response. My guess is it would not, because I have a fairly large LEGO collection.

Pity Soundwarp was away at the moment. He'd put all your wives to shame, with a little story about his missus. While on his last tour of Afghanistan, his wife, without being asked, managed to hunt down all the Classics toys released domestically (at retail stores here) without any help from anyone, which included the really hard to find ones like Jetfire and the Skywarp/Magnus pack. How's that for a top wife!

I think Soundwarp and Jaydisc win the TF-trophy wives award.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Why can't I find a better half who accepts TFs into her life as much as Soundwarp's & Jay's do ?

Hmm, there are a couple on the horizon...

i think the correct term is a fair dinkum wife.
    Wanted items: