Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Perfect Effect PE-12 Arcee

If you like Perfect Effects previous toys you will like this toy.

It has the typical PE features, good or bad:

Highly articulate action figure like robot.
    Lots of weapon accessories
    Accessories form part of the alt mode and are necessary to transform.
    The accessories make it feel a little like a parts former however the core robot is one piece so it isn't.

FP are still my preferred 3rd party company, but these guys are building on their strengths. I look forward to thier next mold.

im definitely getting the blue version . it'll be the chromia of my classics collection

If it wasn't so expensive, or if it reminded me more of Arcee, then I'd be tempted.

After seeing the recent CG Renders of their intended remold/retool of this figure to invoke a TF:A-ish Blackarachnia, I've descided to hold out for that!

I'm waiting for mine in the mail. I'll take pics and maybe review it even.

And as promised here is a quick review of PE-DX01 Motobot RC or "Not-Arcee" if we want to be honest but I'll just be referring to her as "Arcee" for the purposes of this reveiw.

Robot Mode:
    The first thing that surprised me was the sturdiness of the plastic on "Arcee". She didn't feel cheap or at all like a knock off or flimsier plastic of say, City Commander or Protector, not that they're bad toys, they just feel a bit more fragile than "Arcee" here. So that's a big plus for any Third Party toy. looking at her it's clear who she's representing. The Feminine lines, The updated "Princess Leia" Head, THE PINK, She's Arcee all modernised and high tech to hang out with your other Season Three Upgraded robots. there's even homages to Animated's Arcee (the swords) and Unicron Trilogy Arcee (The Motorcycle alt mode) She has lots of articulation- about the same you'd find on a standard deluxe sized toy- the head is on a pivot that works up and down, not as high up as I'd like for some nice laying down sniper poses but good enough, ball joints in the shoulders and cut joint in the upper arm, elbow articulation, wrists both a swivel and a hinge to allow some neat poses with her weapons, due to the transformation she has an "Ab Crunch", a swivel waist, articulation in the hips, just a swivel and hinge, a swivel for the thighs, joints in the knees and a swive joint for the "Toe" section and due to the transformation the two funky looking heel pieces
    can move for extra balance. All in All a very nice Robot mode indeed. And she has a nice number of accessories too!

She comes with A Sniper Rifle-

Two pistols for some neat "Bullet Time" posing-

Two swords with clear pink blades-

And a teeny tiny snap on visor for you to lose if you're not careful-

-

Transformation Transformation is not terrbily complex but still involving enough to feel like you've gotten your money's worth but sadly has a few annoying elements to it. Everything folds up nice and neat but there are a few times i had to apply enough force to make me feel like i could break something, not something i want to do to my hundred dollar toy. I won't detail the transformation step by step but it follows along the lines of animated Prowl's design adding a few extra steps in the torso. The things that annoyed me most were the transformation of the legs into wheels. you have to push the feet into the calves and use a lot of force, thanks to pegs on the side of the shins that hold the feet in place. pushing this back out to transform it back to Robot mode scuffs it. in time this will make the transformation easier but wear down the pegs. Surely a better way to do this could have been found.

Motorcycle mode
    The Motorcylce has rolling wheels and a Kickstand. Yup. it's a motorbike.
    There is a lot of detail on this mode. There are brake pads on the wheels, exposed engine parts, exhaust points lots of tiny little details that add up to one very sleek futuristic motorcycle the is reminiscent of Robotech or even Akira. It has lot of painted detail as well. Black lines break up the pink with tiny red and gold applications adding highlights here and there. I'm wondering what the eventual Reprolabels Sticker kit will add to this toy, there's so much.

and of course the obligatory comparison to the other Season Three Third Party upgraded Robots-

Final Thoughts

I am, I think, A hardcore fan of Arcee. She's had very little representation in the nearly thirty years of Transformers history and G1 Arcee hasn't even received a proper figure from Hasbro yet. So naturally I wanted this figure as soon as it was announced. She is the size of a modern deluxe toy and your other Third party toys will dwarf her but that doesn't bother me in the slightest as she looks great with City Commander, Protector and Defender.
    Shes' not 10/10 but shes' certainly an 8 and I can highly recommend her to any third party fan and she makes a great addition to the Classics Season Three roster.

Thanks. Nice review. Mine should be here any day now.............
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain