Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Steve Jobs

Default RIP Steve Jobs

This is to memorize Steve Jobs, from whose talent and efforts we have benefited immensely.

"The world is immeasurably better because of Steve."

56, same age when Abraham Lincoln died. Both will remain forever as a great inspiration for us earth people.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/app...-1226160010773

Mourn.

I actually cried when I read the news, I'm not afraid to admit that. I'm an Apple geek, I've owned 4 Macs, 3 iPods and 1 iPhone in my life so far and I've officially decided to name my iPhone 4S 'Steve'. I'm not usually the kind of person who names objects, but it feels appropriate. He changed my life, that's for sure.

Who will lead the hipsters now!?

LOL @ Gutsman!

Wow, normally I don't tear up when I read death notices.
    But this one did it for me

As someone who has lost a loved one to Pancreatic Cancer I feel for Steve's family, but I'd be lying if I said his death had any baring on me though.

When I was studying in Japan the computers on campus were mostly running off Unix, which for a computer noob like me was a very frustratingly difficult operating system to use. These days most computer systems run off some form of GUI.

I find myself comparing Steve Jobs with Louise Braille -- both didn't necessarily invent the things that they created, but they did improve on them and make them a lot more accessible to people. At least Jobs did live to see his creations make an impact of society, whereas Braille sadly died at only 43 and never lived to see Braille take off.

And there are Braille apps for iPhone. His influence will probably have the greatest impact on Generation Z - kids who have never known the world without the internet. My 2 year old daughter already knows how to shuffle through photos with her finger on my smartphone (and she's been able to do so since she was 1).

I'll be mindful of Steve Jobs each time I watch anything with CGI animation in it... Beast Wars... the live action TF movies... and of course, a lot of my favourite Pixar titles.

To infinity and beyond, Steve.

BREAKING: Steve Jobs cites "over-competitiveness" in his refusal to meet with Bill's mother, Pearl E. Gates...

Sorry but I had to go there.

Interesting seeing how some people are showing their grief... some people said that they've set their monitors to half-brightness... others are changing their FB avatars to the apple logo or to Steve Jobs himself etc.

Mebbe someone here should change their board avatar to the Buzz Lightyear Transformer box art.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XLlSAuG_By...aM/s1600/4.jpg

Not me though, cos I'm a PC user... I'm not looking to start a PC/Mac debate (so please don't) - but I'm just saying that this tribute would mean more if it came from someone who was a genuine Mac user.

Sorry to hear of his passing but lets keep it in perspective. He didnt dedicate his life to helping others he dedicated his life to building products which locked in consumers from which he then profited from. Any passing is sad & his is no more or less than anyone else.