Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3131819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Boy am I at the opposite end of the scale from you Kup, I enjoy playing wow and have pre-ordered Diablo 3. I prefer Console gaming in general as there is less stuffing around to play the game. Some games don't even work properly until you have stuffed around with the settings, Pain in the backside when that happens. Each to their own, Even if this game was released on PC I'd take a console version over a PC version any day.
    +1 except for the WOW part

Boy am I at the opposite end of the scale from you Kup, I enjoy playing wow and have pre-ordered Diablo 3. I prefer Console gaming in general as there is less stuffing around to play the game. Some games don't even work properly until you have stuffed around with the settings, Pain in the backside when that happens. Each to their own, Even if this game was released on PC I'd take a console version over a PC version any day.
    See but, I'm not a gamer. But I would like to play FOC cos ya know, it's Transformers (although I still find playing with the toys to be much more fun, but I don't mind playing the games either).

So the frustrating thing is... I'd have to buy a console for the sole purpose of playing FOC because I have no intention of buying any other game. Even if I did, I know I'd play them a few times then forget about them. I bought a Wii with a stack of games a few years back - played with it for one summer, then since then I've never touched it.

I dunno... I might sell my Wii & games and buy myself a PS3... that way I can play FOC and have a Blu Ray player at the same time. Just as well I don't have a Blu Ray player yet...

I may wait some years when an Xbox360 or PS3 emulator gets created and refined for the PC. Then I may play Fall of Cybertron.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Going OT here I think, but umm yeah none of the games other than Arkham Asylum and GTA IV that Hursti mentioned have ever been on my radar.

And I played the GTA IV port considered inferior to the console version all the way through and only had one issue, so If this is the sort of bad port we are talking about then I'm not overly fussed.

I've never followed gaming history closely, so I make no claims of gaming renaissances or the like, all I know is since buying my new PC I have picked up more enjoyable and high quality games (cheaply too) then I have allotted time to play.
    There was a down turn some years back in where it seemed that all that was being released for PC were generic FPS clones. It got really boring and that was the closest I came to either consider buying a console or abandoning the gaming scene.

Now, as you mentioned, there are more games that I can play and really good ones too on the PC. Games on the consoles that appeal to me? Not so much.

So for people in my situation or similar who do want to play Fall of Cybertron - Is it worth forking out the $400 for a console to play one game? I may wait some time for an emulator as mentioned or when the next gen consoles come out and the old ones go on clearance - Not sure as by then I may not really care at all.

As mentioned, I prefer the PC to a console but putting aside the gaming, I also prefer it from the technical side of it. To install a game on a PC it takes just a bout as much time as installing it on a console and on top of that if something does go wrong with the PC, (assuming you have the knowhow) it is very easy to fix with parts readily and cheaply available if needed.

The consoles are not without their problems either with the Rings of death and Yellow Lights of doom and they seem to crash just as much as a PC does since their architecture are beginning to resemble one more and more. Given how much stuff there is on console technical faults on line, the problems do not seem to be uncommon with the difference being that a PC can be easily diagnosed and fixed while a console may need go back to the manufacturer with a heavy repair bill.

@Kup: I'm happy to agree to disagree dude , I don't want to argue as we clearly have different takes/focuses on the PC industry and what we like to play but regardless to our differences we both support the superior platform.
    (A very good point about the PS3 Emulator too, though I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long )

I like consoles, but I'll favour a PC almost every time which is why I share in everyone's disappointment on a lack of a PC release but I am also not entirely surprised by the decision that's been made either.
    Still, I don't feel we should come down on those who're making this game as they are fans themselves and it is to their credit that they are doing their best to make the best Transformers game they possibly can, for as many fans and gamers as they possibly can.

One thing we can all agree on though... "I wanna Space T-Rex Toy!"

You need to install games on consoles now?!? I thought they were just instant play... Man... last night I had a dream that someone got themselves an original 8-Bit Nintendo Famicom... heh.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You need to install games on consoles now?!? I thought they were just instant play... Man... last night I had a dream that someone got themselves an original 8-Bit Nintendo Famicom... heh.
    I'm still rockin' my Megadrive man, not too far behind.
    Yeah, current gen consoles except the Wii utilise HDDs for faster loading and freeing up other memory resources; they're pretty much cut-down proprietary PCs nowadays.

Download an Emulator and start playing now!

I was a Nintendo fan boy back in the day from the NES to the N64. That's when I left the console scene and went exclusively to PC (although I was still playing PC games during my console phase).

You need to install games on consoles now?!?
    You don't need to, no. There's no reason not to install them though.

Some you have to, like WFC for example.... 25 mins... Wow.

Most of the time, I like the install as it cuts down load times greatly, especially in Street fighter, MK, etc.

Looking forward to this now that I have a console again