Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Regret Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face The Regret Thread

I can't be the only one here but somehow I can't find a thread of this Perhaps most normal people would prefer to lick their own wounds in the dark of the corner?

We all make wrong purchases that we later feel regrets for (at least I do...a lot...). It can be just an impulse, or a bad mood, or pure stupidity, or anything else, or a combination of all. It's annoying, but can't hurt to share seeing it can be helpful for others who might otherwise make the same mistake. And if there's no lesson, it's always good for just a laugh!! After all, we being here is all about having fun in a common interest.

Start with my regrets. First pair, longest regret, product of pure impulse.

I never liked Grandpa Sentinel Prime; but he looked somewhat nice in the box and kinda quite accurately articulate in detail. As soon as he's out of the box, collapsed.

As for Sideswipe...NOOOOOO. He should be a SILVER paint all over, or a SILVER paint all over. I like his image in the movie; god only knows why I bought this dull greyish plastic piece of...

LESSON: Stick to the characters I like; and defend their correct image!

Second one...quickest regret so far. I have no sooner bought it than I started to regret...wasn't even impulsive in any sense. A result of too much food at lunch break perhaps? Qualify for pure stupidity I guess.

I thought they were those trading cards members talked about in the other thread...but they are not. And they probably look better on the photo

Got them for $9.95 at Myer. Guess the price justifies it but still, a regret is a regret.

LESSON: if accidentally eat too much at lunch, avoid the toy section at any store.

haha, interesting idea for a thread Arcee,

the first regret that comes to my mind would have to be ROTF Demlishor, not only did i pay extra for mine, and not only was it a pretty pathetic design/toy but mine was broken out of the box and i couldnt return it since i lost the receipt

You had to come out and start bashing on movie toys already didnt you? -_-

I personally love Leader Class Sentinel Prime, but my regretted purchases would have to be:
    • Classics Grimlock (If you own it, you'll know why )
    • A host of Beast Wars Neo figures (Because I turned around and sold them thinking they were Beast Machine Repaints... ).

Oh how I am very glad that I have learnt so much from this board.

Not trying to sound full of myself, but I don't regret any of my purchases.

All of them have been thought-through prior to buying to make sure they 'fit' with my collection e.g. one of every movie character, characters that I have focused on etc.

I think in the past 2 years, I've only had a couple of sale threads and none of them were to off-load toys I regretted buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I personally love Leader Class Sentinel Prime, but my regretted purchases would have to be:
    [LIST][*]Classics Grimlock (If you own it, you'll know why )
    *snip*
    Yeeeeah.... I understand, which is why I bought Animated Grimlock instead
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I pre-ordered my reissue God Ginrai and paid full retail price when it came out. Then the toy shelf warmed badly and even import stores in Sydney were flogging them off at $20 a pop!

I also used to have a spare Beast Wars X-9 Ravage (MISB) which I traded off for a bunch of loose G1 and G2 toys. Shoulda hung onto that toy!

My biggest regret was trading with this #@*()!(*# in Canada -- he promised me a loose complete boxed Fortress Maximus in exchange for a MISB God Fire Convoy and a LOT of loose G1 toys... I sent them off to him... he sent nothing back. He also ran out on his girlfriend and her kids, also owing her father thousands of dollars... a real charmer.

I regret buying DOTM Leader Ironhide. I watched reviews, I knew it was pretty crap, but I went ahead and bought it anyway, mostly because I was being an emotional woman thanks to the movie. I think I'm going to make the most of a bad purchase and repaint him, make him more movie-like. Or something. I don't regret anything else.

I regret the 3-4 ROTF toys that I bought

I am somewhat beginning to see my TF1 toys (which I was happy with) as 'taking up space'.

• Classics Grimlock (If you own it, you'll know why )
    • A host of Beast Wars Neo figures (Because I turned around and sold them thinking they were Beast Machine Repaints... ).

Oh how I am very glad that I have learnt so much from this board.
    Whats the problem with classics Grimlock? I Don't own him but I was thinking about buying him.

[LIST][*]Classics Grimlock (If you own it, you'll know why )
    I own Classics Grimlock and I don't see the problem. I thought it was an interesting revamp for the toy.