Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Vernoverse

Vernoverse seems like a great place/time/continuity. Really lovin' it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Vernoverse seems like a great place/time/continuity. Really lovin' it!
    Cheers Mate. The Universe as a whole is still very fractured story wise, with bits and pieces all over the shop, but any questions you have about the story (from start [with The One creating Primus and Unicron] to finish [with the Transcension and the TransTech Revolution]) I'm happy to answer.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I'm intrigued by this "Xal" facet you've decided to incorporate dude, curious to see how you weave it into the Vernoverse; As for Issue #1 of Transwarp: Csirac, slow & steady wins the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I'm intrigued by this "Xal" facet you've decided to incorporate dude, curious to see how you weave it into the Vernoverse; As for Issue #1 of Transwarp: Csirac, slow & steady wins the race.
    Hahaha, we shall see, we shall see...
    Last edited by Verno; 27th August 2014 at 08:36 AM.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

I just thought I'd share something with you all again.

I've been constructing the Transversal Continuity for quite a while. I started writing (what has become) the TVC in 2007, and over that time, I've killed a lot of trees:

And will kill more before I'm through! Typing is fine, but I find scraping a pen across a page is quite therapeutic.

Anyway.

Last night I wrote down all the story ideas, conceptualised and not, in order to see where I'm at in the grand scheme of things. Here's what I came up with.

The TransWarp Saga:
    Detailing the end of the Great War.
    • Csirac
    • Ravage
    • Primal
    • Maxim

The Darkness Trilogy: The origins of the Tripredacus Council.
    • Gathering Darkness
    • Entering Darkness
    • Burgeoning Darkness

Dark Designs: A Pentalogy (5 parts) telling the story of the Quintessons enslavement of Cybertron and eventual rebellion that led to the 1st Golden Age of Cybertron.
    • Wisdom
    • War
    • Wrath
    • Death
    • Judgment

X: A Spotlight-esk story for Protoform X (Rampage) and Depth Charge. (Let's be honest - it needs doing!)

Honour: Another Spotlight, this time for Dinobot. (Also desperately needs doing)

Nexus: Explaining the links between the melded G1/2 Universe to the TransWarp era and through to Beast Wars.

Con: A Spotlight issue about the message on the Golden Disk that was the catalyst for the Beast Wars.

The Golden Disks: A working title. Did you ever wonder why the two Golden Disks that appeared in Beast Wars were so similar in size and appearance? Answer - there was never only two...

Earth: The story of Human participation in the Great War, and how they lost.

Of those 19 stories: 6 are written in entirety, 2 are nearing completion, 4 are in random pieces, notes and scribbles, and the remaining 7 aren't past the conceptual stage.

All in all, I'm a long way from done...

And I have mixed feelings about that fact.

This foray into Comics that I'm attempting with the Csirac story has given me a taste of having my work illustrated. A year ago I would have written them all as prose pieces, but let's be honest, no one read fan fiction, but everyone is willing to cast their eye across some Artwork from time to time.

For all the writing I've done in these past 6 years, it seems I'm not very far along in the scheme of things and the end seems a long way away.

But for now I'll keep writing, and hoping I can find Artists willing to help me out with some artwork from time to time.

As Furman so eloquently put it - It never ends...
    Last edited by Verno; 27th August 2014 at 08:37 AM.

Whether it takes another 5 years dude, what you're scribing is awesome & I'll be happy to wait until they're done - Just keep chipping away at it dude, even if it has to be in Prose form; I'll be plenty happy to read these stories just in a plain written format, a comic is the icing on the cake IMO.

Have you considered having them produced as published .PDFs or Digital Books? - Sky Shadow might be able to give you a couple of pointers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I just thought I'd share something with you all again.

I've been constructing the Transversal Continuity for quite a while. I started writing (what has become) the TVC in 2007, and over that time, I've killed a lot of trees:

And will kill more before I'm through! Typing is fine, but I find scraping a pen across a page is quite therapeutic.

Anyway.

Last night I wrote down all the story ideas, conceptualised and not, in order to see where I'm at in the grand scheme of things. Here's what I came up with.

The TransWarp Saga:
    Detailing the end of the Great War.
    • Csirac
    • Ravage
    • Primal
    • Maxim

The Darkness Trilogy: The origins of the Tripredacus Council.
    • Gathering Darkness
    • Entering Darkness
    • Burgeoning Darkness

Dark Designs: A Pentalogy (5 parts) telling the story of the Quintessons enslavement of Cybertron and eventual rebellion that led to the 1st Golden Age of Cybertron.
    • Wisdom
    • War
    • Wrath
    • Death
    • Judgment

Deicide: A story that bookends the TVC Universe; beginning and end.

X: A Spotlight-esk story for Protoform X (Rampage) and Depth Charge. (Let's be honest - it needs doing!)

Honour: Another Spotlight, this time for Dinobot. (Also desperately needs doing)

Nexus: Explaining the links between the melded G1/2 Universe to the TransWarp era and through to Beast Wars.

Con: A Spotlight issue about the message on the Golden Disk that was the catalyst for the Beast Wars.

The Golden Disks: A working title. Did you ever wonder why the two Golden Disks that appeared in Beast Wars were so similar in size and appearance? Answer - there was never only two...

Earth: The story of Human participation in the Great War, and how they lost.

Of those 19 stories: 6 are written in entirety, 2 are nearing completion, 4 are in random pieces, notes and scribbles, and the remaining 7 aren't past the conceptual stage.

All in all, I'm a long way from done...

And I have mixed feelings about that fact.

This foray into Comics that I'm attempting with the Csirac story has given me a taste of having my work illustrated. A year ago I would have written them all as prose pieces, but let's be honest, no one read fan fiction, but everyone is willing to cast their eye across some Artwork from time to time.

For all the writing I've done in these past 6 years, it seems I'm not very far along in the scheme of things and the end seems a long way away.

But for now I'll keep writing, and hoping I can find Artists willing to help me out with some artwork from time to time.

As Furman so eloquently put it - It never ends...
    Thats freakin awesome bro!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Whether it takes another 5 years dude, what you're scribing is awesome & I'll be happy to wait until they're done - Just keep chipping away at it dude, even if it has to be in Prose form; I'll be plenty happy to read these stories just in a plain written format, a comic is the icing on the cake IMO.
    Chipping away is right. And as always, I appreciate the support Mate. But the plan for the next round of writing is in place, so I've got something to move towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon
    Have you considered having them produced as published .PDFs or Digital Books? - Sky Shadow might be able to give you a couple of pointers there.
    My fear with 'publishing' anything is Trademarks and Copyrights and so forth. I don't want to tread on any of Hasbro's toes, and I think the right of 'fair use' only stretches so far, not that I'd ever considering trying to sell any of the stories anyway. Their only value and worth is to me in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl
    Thats freakin awesome bro!
    Cheers mate.

The Universe keeps expanding, there's always something more to be told.

Just sat down over the last 2 nights reading this thread in its entireity and I must say you are an excellent writer dude! While I do really enjoy reading I find it hard to find material that engages me but this has really done the trick and increased my admiration of the Beast Wars era, which can only be a good thing.

A character that you briefly touched on earlier (in post #53, your outline for Csirac) but we have yet to see anything on (that you've shown us really) is Grimlock. You said he came back in Csirac with Prowl and Ironhide but he hasn't shown up in anything you've written. Did you end up changing your mind about including him? Or have you not developed that plot line enough? I'd love to see how you write him

How is your comic coming along anyway? You can put me down for a copy.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Just sat down over the last 2 nights reading this thread in its entireity and I must say you are an excellent writer dude! While I do really enjoy reading I find it hard to find material that engages me but this has really done the trick and increased my admiration of the Beast Wars era, which can only be a good thing.
    I'm flattered you took the time to read it all mate! And I'm delighted it's increased your liking of Beast Wars - my intention when starting out writing all this stuff years ago was to strengthen the ties story-wise between G1/2 and Beast Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent
    A character that you briefly touched on earlier (in post #53, your outline for Csirac) but we have yet to see anything on (that you've shown us really) is Grimlock. You said he came back in Csirac with Prowl and Ironhide but he hasn't shown up in anything you've written. Did you end up changing your mind about including him? Or have you not developed that plot line enough? I'd love to see how you write him
    To be honest, yes I did change my mind on Grimlock, but a character such as he won't be left alone for long - there is a climactic battle at the end of G1 during the TransWarp storyline, and Grimlock being Grimlock can't not be there :P So stay tuned, I'll find a place for Grimlock in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent
    How is your comic coming along anyway? You can put me down for a copy.
    Issue #1 of Csirac is slowly coming together, another Page should be complete today actually.

I don't know if you're familiar with Transformers: The Lost Seasons Project on DeviantART, but they've picked up TransWarp: Ravage! So those 2 Issues will get made without me doing much (if any) of the legwork.

I'll post up some links soon.