Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
Cheers Hursty. Don't worry, I'm purging more of it each day to try and make sense of it all myself.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do with pre-BW names.

Megalith - Megatron
Dynobot - Dinobot
Taranachus - Tarantulas

I've even changed the Tripredacus Council names because I don't like them having Beasty names.

Cinder - Cicadacon
Rampant - Ram Horn
Seethe - Sea Clamp

I'd like the names to somehow reflect or foreshadow their names in Beast Wars. How I can make Optimus Primal Optimus Primal without making 'Optimus' a rank like Captain will be a tough one.
I think it's quite a sound approach in renaming characters in a reflective sense, it seems more fitting/natural.
Primal would definitely be a hard one, you could use: Simia Pax, Latin term for ape and a reference to G1 Prime's former name?, it could also reflect the Pax Cybertronia.

Why do you think a number for Terrorsaur? Don't Transformers have names?
Hmm, I was thinking back to the early Cybertron days of the Autobots and Decepticons and how that rather than names they had numbers assigned to them based on the tasks that they were charged with - I thought this could extend to the pre-Beast Wars era but then that would negate everything that both Prime and Megatron were fighting for...
It's probably easier to just ignore the suggestion.