Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: November Numnums!!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    @ Hursty...

thanks... yep only Ravage remains I can settle for the Tripredacus agent ( black repaint of TM2 Cheetor if that would be cheaper as it is still Ravage, but if I get a chance for the X9 well why not, after him, it's complete showcast.
    Ah excellent, glad to hear man; I reckon you shouldn't settle for second best man, grab yourself an X9 so you've got the best of the best but also so I've got someone to share in my sorrows after forking out such a hefty sum for the figure when I get myself one.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Massive haul Hursty!, Completing BW Neo I see
    Hehe, cheers man; As it stands, I'm going after the unique molds of both of the Japanese Beast Wars series and once I've made that milestone I'll look at starting to actually complete Neo and II - The vast majority of both lines though are comprised of repaints really, some good and some bad but it gives me a prolonged journey in collecting Beast Wars figures for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    I've got a couple great pieces to add to that collection
    Ooh! - I know of a set that you've got that I'll be after, but what else may lie ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Haha, thanks dude! You're in luck too, the ebay seller listed more of these for two dollars less than what I paid.
    Hmm...,
    If he can hold out until after the Parra Fair this weekend then I might have to give that a shot!

Also, nice haul man! Your pics of BWII BB and starscream make them look mighty tempting, so shiny and pretty! I love how BB has "FOR STARSCREM" printed on what looks like his arm? They're bros alright.
    I've always loved the molds that BB and Starscream use, the G2 Dreadwing & Smokescreen molds, ever since I was a kid but these days I've found the original G2 iterations to be prohibitively expensive ; The fact that the molds were reused in Beast Wars II and that a really good South Korean seller I'd dealt with before had the pair MISB for a bloody good price? , I just couldn't turn them down as I think the colours used on BB and Starscream work extremely well and with the little details, like the Predacon Insignia on Starscream's head crest and "For Starscream" written on BB's arms (He really is dedicated to Starscream huh? ), I'd say definitely give them your consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Also, nice haul man! Your pics of BWII BB and starscream make them look mighty tempting, so shiny and pretty! I love how BB has "FOR STARSCREM" printed on what looks like his arm? They're bros alright.
    More like BB is Starscream's beeotch.
    "Rogeeerrr!"

Also, the arm panels that say "For Starscrem" are located in the aft of the vehicle mode where Starscream docks with BB. So yeah, that's the meaning of those stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Hehe, cheers man; As it stands, I'm going after the unique molds of both of the Japanese Beast Wars series and once I've made that milestone I'll look at starting to actually complete Neo and II - The vast majority of both lines though are comprised of repaints really, some good and some bad but it gives me a prolonged journey in collecting Beast Wars figures for a while yet.
    The unique moulds interest me more in those lines (I got most of them - just a few I still need). The repaints... meh. Some of them are identical to the Hasbro toys, but just with different names and are technically different characters. e.g. Apache is the same as B'Boom, Tasmania Kid is the same as Snarl etc. I have Apache, so I have intention of getting B'Boom, and I have Snarl so I have desire for Tasmania Kid. Even with the repaints I don't really have a burning desire to get them either. :/ I did get Randy earlier this year because it was a self-pity purchase after travelling halfway around Taipei TF hunting and not finding anything that day. And the toy broke on me as soon as I opened it... stupid gold plastic!! Just as well I already have Razorbeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon
    I've always loved the molds that BB and Starscream use, the G2 Dreadwing & Smokescreen molds, ever since I was a kid but these days I've found the original G2 iterations to be prohibitively expensive ; The fact that the molds were reused in Beast Wars II and that a really good South Korean seller I'd dealt with before had the pair MISB for a bloody good price? ,
    They are indeed sweet sweet moulds. I got 3 different versions myself - G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen, BWII BB/Starscream & RiD Dreadwind/Smokejumper. I skipped RM Gigant Bomb/Gigantsniper... 3 versions is probably enough.

Just such fun toys to play with... as the G2 commercial said, "His gatling gun is illin'!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon
    I just couldn't turn them down as I think the colours used on BB and Starscream work extremely well
    The colours are actually based on an abandoned repaint of G2 Dreadwing/Smokscreen as G2 ATB Megatron/Starscream (G2 got cancelled before these toys could be released). So I think it's cool how Takara let us have these previously aborted designs, but of course repurposed & redecoed as Predacons. Also neat how they even kept the Starscream name for the Smokescreen redeco, but obviously they couldn't use the name Megatron (since there was already another grape-faced Predacon using that name )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    More like BB is Starscream's beeotch.
    "Rogeeerrr!"

Also, the arm panels that say "For Starscrem" are located in the aft of the vehicle mode where Starscream docks with BB. So yeah, that's the meaning of those stickers.
    Brains and Brawn man, no intimacy with these two... beyond the insertion towards a receptical.

The unique moulds interest me more in those lines (I got most of them - just a few I still need). The repaints... meh. Some of them are identical to the Hasbro toys, but just with different names and are technically different characters. e.g. Apache is the same as B'Boom, Tasmania Kid is the same as Snarl etc.
    Yep, I totally share your favour of the unique molds; there is just so much variety with them and I like the return to the more organic Alt modes too.
    The repaints I just find frustrating as some are just ugly, i.e. Powerhug, others are nigh exactly the same, i.e. Hydra and Lazorbeak, but some like Survive are welcomed additions.
    (The fact though that they're all different characters to their US counterparts too doesn't help either )

They are indeed sweet sweet moulds. I got 3 different versions myself - G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen, BWII BB/Starscream & RiD Dreadwind/Smokejumper. I skipped RM Gigant Bomb/Gigantsniper... 3 versions is probably enough.
    Lucky bugger, but yeah that Baby Blue colour scheme immediately repulsed me but the 'Treadbolt' colour schemed version wasn't all too bad; they really are cool though eh?, so much playability with 3 different modes and a combining gimmick - Way Ahead of their time.

Just such fun toys to play with... as the G2 commercial said, "His gatling gun is illin'!"
    Oh god, I hated those 'Rappin' ads.
    I love how they smash the 2 Autobots at the end of their ad though!

The colours are actually based on an abandoned repaint of G2 Dreadwing/Smokscreen as G2 ATB Megatron/Starscream (G2 got cancelled before these toys could be released). So I think it's cool how Takara let us have these previously aborted designs, but of course repurposed & redecoed as Predacons.
    Yeah, I read that and found it to be quite interesting and I agree that it is quite cool that Takara managed to find a way to deliver ATB Megatron and Starscream what; 6 to 8 years later?, with only minor alterations like the Predacon details, names and the dropping of the Grey plastic - An honest must have for any collection in any of their iterations.
    (Except for that fugly RiD: Sky Blue abortion )

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Don't know if this really counts as an acqusition, but she is nummy.

Technically October, but here'll do, I've been lucky enough to be dating the lovely 'Arcee' off the board. Better than all my collection, but don't tell her that.

Also got to meet/remeet Griffin last night (Sorry mate, it's been so damn long, I can't remember which it is), which was great again, and also means someone here should be able to share their newest acquisition, which is a nice TF piece that not many of us have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Don't know if this really counts as an acqusition, but she is nummy.

Technically October, but here'll do, I've been lucky enough to be dating the lovely 'Arcee' off the board. Better than all my collection, but don't tell her that.

Also got to meet/remeet Griffin last night (Sorry mate, it's been so damn long, I can't remember which it is), which was great again, and also means someone here should be able to share their newest acquisition, which is a nice TF piece that not many of us have.
    Congratulations Cat, She'd be a good bot to have back you up - I'm certain.
    Very curious to see/hear what this acquisition might be too.

Ooh! - I know of a set that you've got that I'll be after, but what else may lie ahead?
    I'll give you a couple of hints... He's big and black and there's another recent acquistion I'm considering parting ways with....

I also grabbed something this morning for you as a pressie. PM me your address and I'll send it to you

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    I'll give you a couple of hints... He's big and black and there's another recent acquistion I'm considering parting ways with....
    Oh no!, but you only just found him after looking for so long?

I also grabbed something this morning for you as a pressie. PM me your address and I'll send it to you
    Aww really?, you didn't have to do that dude but thank you though; PM incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Thanks TJ! I see you're a fan of the more unusual Animated offerings too, that white Soundwave is wicked. TFA forever!!
    Story behind whitey?

Animated Blackout and a loose, slightly yellowed Tigatron.

Brains and Brawn man, no intimacy with these two... beyond the insertion towards a receptical.
    ...and the fact that Starscream speaks (and giggles/laughs) in a campy effeminate way doesn't help. "O-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho!"

Yeah, I read that and found it to be quite interesting and I agree that it is quite cool that Takara managed to find a way to deliver ATB Megatron and Starscream what; 6 to 8 years later?
    3 years after the end of G2.