Page 25 of 120 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Started listening to the audio commentary on TFPS3(BH)... one thing the writers wanted to include in the show but couldn't was to introduce more Wreckers, particularly Seaspray (Sea Spray?). They basically described him as being nautical and being the baddest of the Wreckers... so in other words... kinda like Depth Charge. Would've been cool of David Sobolov reprised his Depth Charge voice for TFP Seaspray (since they already had him doing Shockwave ).

The writers were also boasting about how Hasbro let them know before they started writing Season 3 that it would be their final season, which let them nicely tie up loose ends which otherwise doesn't happen when writers find out later (as we saw with the end of the US G1 cartoon and Beast Wars). Meanwhile on Cybertron's moon...

Also, one thing that I never thought of before... when Jasper was evacuated and declared a no-go disaster area, how come we didn't hear/see anyone from the Japanese consulate attempt to locate/recover Miko? Surely her parents would want to cancel her exchange programme, especially if the school itself has been destroyed. Or maybe she's just that annoying that they'd rather let her finish her stay in the U.S., even if meteors are purportedly falling on her head and she's gone missing. We didn't hear about Raf's mum either... seems like Jack is the only one with a concerned parent when the expletive hits the fan!
    It's a cartoon, don't over think it.

This is pretty bad.....

Never actually realised soundwave weapons were his batts in alt mode duh!!!!

(But hey I was 8)

Found an Easter Egg in IDWRiD #23 (Dark Cybertron Part 3): among the crowds of Cybertronians in Iacon I noticed are Holepunch and Tracer, the two Nebulan Targetmaster partners of Scoop (who is of course incarcerated). I'm guessing that they're meant to be regular Cybertronians and not Nebulans in this continuity.

Thing I never realised about Transformers toys?

Just how much Built-To-Rule sucked.
    Bought two off ebay a few weeks ago, and both have now arrived....

For those unfamiliar with BTR, they were released during Armada, as Hasbro's first attempt at taking on Lego (just like Kreo, they produced BTR sets for Transformers and GIJoe, before it was axed a year later).
    During this short-lived series, there were 16 Transformers sets - 10 Armada characters, and 6 Energon characters (and some were just redecos... plus some were proposed, but never got released before the line ended).
    Similar to Kreo, these seem to have a similar core to each other (at least of these two)... but these have a partial transformation, with the arms and legs folding in for vehicle mode. All the rest of the bits come off and reattach though.
    And not too many bits either (big figures, but not many bits).
    It's no wonder these go so cheaply on ebay (except the rare Energon ones).

Looking at your photos, it's hard to imagine how BTR tanked
    They look like something a preschooler put together

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Looking at your photos, it's hard to imagine how BTR tanked
    Not to mention memories of BTRs massively shelfwarming in stores for aaages! And now we have Kre-Os and Construct-Bots clogging up our shelves and pegs instead of new Generations figures!

Not to mention memories of BTRs massively shelfwarming in stores for aaages! And now we have Kre-Os and Construct-Bots clogging up our shelves and pegs instead of new Generations figures!
    I think they finally have gotten the formula right with Construct Bots. I'm actually buying them, got Starscream at Big W to try out the series, now I have Prime V Megs, Bumblebee and Soundwave all on the way.

Since Construct Bots came out, Kre-o's seem to have vanished. Though I can't imagine they sold at retail. Maybe they've all moved to the Reject Shop?

The Constructbots have been selling well where i am, i haven't had a really good look around at other stores in a while though. And New Generations figures? That's a good one

Sunder really really loves Dubstep,,,,
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion