Page 34 of 120 FirstFirst ... 142429303132333435363738394454 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Also, Armada Sideways and one of the releases of Animated Longarm were purple. For an incredibly racist society, it's surprising the Autobots weren't more suspicious of those two.
    You'd think so... but maybe it was illegal to "racially" profile on Cybertron based on colour.

I didn't include Longarm and Sideways on my list because they were packaged as Decepticon toys, and were Decepticons on the cartoon.
    (Sideways was listed as both on the packaging, but his default allegiance was Decepticon)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Someone off the board also pointed out a Japanese variant of ROTF Elita One.
    Ah yes, the Japanese version of the Autobot Alliance Elita-1 (which was bronzy coloured), was purple... matching the Human Alliance Elita-1 the following year.

You can kind of argue the point with those on the list who are fairly obscure/extremely limited release (i.e. Rodney), or those who aren't technically Autobots (BM/BWR Silverbolt) and TFs like Impactor who have purple as a secondary colour, but even so, Skid-Z and Universe '03 Silverbolt are both undeniably mostly-purple, definitely Autobots, and preceded AoE Slug.

Slug is still a rarity, sure, but he's neither the first nor the only.

Skid-Z^Indy Heat is more fuchsia than true purple. Universe Silverbolt is undeniably very predominantly purple. No wonder he pegwarmed so badly (the hurt-your-eyes day-glo yellow doesn't help much). Universe 1.0 = Beast Wars Generation 2.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Universe Silverbolt is undeniably very predominantly purple.
    Universe Optimus Primal is also a purpleish colour. I had assumed that they were both Maximals, and didn't affect your purple-Autobot thesis. But it turns out that they were Autobots.

It is fun to nitpick... G2 Seaspray purple chrome variant

Following on with toy variants i also want to claim any South American minibot variants. <- I was mostly thinking of Gears in constructicon green and purple but sadly he was not released on a Transformer cardback.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Shattered Glass Optimus, Alpha Trion, Longarm, Junkions.

Animated Longarm, is only Purple when he is revealed as shockwave. so technically a decepticon at that point. <nitpicking some meore>
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Shattered Glass Optimus, Alpha Trion, Longarm, Junkions.
    Shattered Glass doesn't count... as they were the "Decepticons" in that universe.
    It has been amusing to notice that, from scouring 30 years of Transformers toys, the colour purple is almost exclusively limited to evil factions by Hasbro and TakaraTomy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Shattered Glass doesn't count... as they were the "Decepticons" in that universe.
    It has been amusing to notice that, from scouring 30 years of Transformers toys, the colour purple is almost exclusively limited to evil factions by Hasbro and TakaraTomy.
    Yes and no...they were technically Autobots, but you know...eeeeevil Autobots.
    I'll totally pay not counting them in spirit, but it is fun to nitpick sometimes.

Just OOC, how many red 'evil' characters have there been? Red's also much more common as a 'good' colour (mostly because of the faction symbols I'd assume), but not nearly to the same extent as purple for evil.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 5th May 2014 at 07:30 PM.