Page 56 of 120 FirstFirst ... 364651525354555657585960616676 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Out of two adult collecting phases I've had G1 Sixshot twice so all up I've had him for about 10 years in the last 15, and in those 10 years I always thought how stupid his legs were because they angled our from his waist/hips making his him rock side to side when lightly bumped on the shelf because his feet weren't flat.
    So at the moment I'm in the midst of a remodel of the collection room and with that comes wonderful little discoveries here and there.
    Turns out that I have never transformed Sixshot's legs right!! I found out last night that by pulling them out (sideways as you look at him) at the waist/hips area it makes them straight and the feet flat on the deck. (Insert facepalm emoticon)
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

well what do you know....

i never knew MP-01 had the TEH typo.... finally found my box after it was said on the board the other day checking the legit-ness of an ebay auction.... huh...

Back on topic...

Of all the different things that deteriorate on Transformers toys (rust on MP Megatron's feet, Actionmaster Vehicle rubber going brittle, selective yellowing on some plastics), I didn't know that the rubber shells to the Monster Pretenders is known to have spots of discolouration, even when left sealed. Either due to mould or discolouration in the added chemicals in the plastic that gives it the different colours... I'm not sure.

(I guess everything is going to degrade eventually... and maybe 30 years is already a good lifespan for plastic products/toys?)

Slog and Bristleback's shells have certainly outlive the plastic of the actual inner robots!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Back on topic...

Of all the different things that deteriorate on Transformers toys (rust on MP Megatron's feet, Actionmaster Vehicle rubber going brittle, selective yellowing on some plastics), I didn't know that the rubber shells to the Monster Pretenders is known to have spots of discolouration, even when left sealed. Either due to mould or discolouration in the added chemicals in the plastic that gives it the different colours... I'm not sure.

(I guess everything is going to degrade eventually... and maybe 30 years is already a good lifespan for plastic products/toys?)
    A couple of the pretenders I have at home have that spotting on them, I was wondering what that spotting was. Kind of sad as it's on quite a few of the shell arms I have. Iguanas is the worst affected.

Back on topic...

the few monster pretenders I have, their rubber shells have perished horribly to the point where they stick to your fingers. Its such a shame and I would love to see a gift set style reissue of the six a I only ever had 3 and really liked the inner bots.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Not toy related, but I don't think there is another non-toy topic of "things you didn't know about Transformers". (maybe I should edit the title of this one, to include non-toy things like comics and cartoons)

Published in England in 2009 was a "choose your own adventure" type of book for Animated called Time-Quake, that was written by someone who is said to write Dr Who books... and it is said that one of the human characters in this book was basically written as if it were The Rani from Dr Who.

Another possible linking of the two story universes... with the previous being Deaths Head meeting the Doctor on a few occasions in the Dr Who comic and Deaths Head comic.

Not toy related, but I don't think there is another non-toy topic of "things you didn't know about Transformers". (maybe I should edit the title of this one, to include non-toy things like comics and cartoons)
    Yes Griffin, please change the thread title. when I made it I didn't think to make it about things outside of toys but I really should have.

Published in England in 2009 was a "choose your own adventure" type of book for Animated called Time-Quake, that was written by someone who is said to write Dr Who books... and it is said that one of the human characters in this book was basically written as if it were The Rani from Dr Who.

Another possible linking of the two story universes... with the previous being Deaths Head meeting the Doctor on a few occasions in the Dr Who comic and Deaths Head comic.
    Dr. Who may not be my area of expertise but I believe there was also a transformer in the marvel UK comics that transformed into a Dalek

I'd hazard a guess that when they made these toys, having people play with them 30 years later didn't even enter their minds.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Dr. Who may not be my area of expertise but I believe there was also a transformer in the marvel UK comics that transformed into a Dalek
    Octus