Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BTS Toys - BTS-05A/B: Micro-Cassettes

Default BTS Toys - BTS-05A/B: Micro-Cassettes

Courtesy of TFW2005.com, BTS Toys have produced some renders of their next 3rd Party figures; in the form of the G1 Micro-Cassettes (Compatible with G1 Soundwave/Blaster or BTS-04 Sonicron):
    • BTS-05A - Tremor and Frequenzy (Not-Rumble & Frenzy)

• BTS-05B - Savage and Nightfang (Not-Ravage & Ratbat)

The BTS-05A figures will also receive 2 alternate decos:
    • BTS-05A/2 - Shattered Glass Theme

• BTS-05A/3 - Constructicon Theme

Each figure will come with 'Batteries' that turn into the Piledrivers for BTS-05A (That actually extended but isn't shown) or Cannons/Boosters for BTS-05B.
    Nightfang is actually capable of combining with either of the BTS-05A figures in a sort of Micro-Cassette Combiner or Actionmaster Partner fashion too:

These figures will receive limited runs of 1000 for the North American and Asia-European Regions, whereas the Chinese Region will only receive a run of 888.
    These sets are limited and exclusive to the following regions:
    • BTS-05A/1 - North America
    • BTS-05A/2 - Yet to be determined (Asia-Europe or China)
    • BTS-05A/3 - Yet to be determined (Asia-Europe or China)
    • BTS-05B - Yet to be determined (Likely North America)

bowspearer Guest

Why HasTak couldn't have just done these for their Classics releases of Rumble and Frenzy is beyond me.

These look shocking.

Except Nightfang. There's something interesting going on there but it's hard to tell from the drawings.

Those...look...interesting...? I guess. BTW if anyone wants sonicron he's on sale at BBTS for 29.95. Man. I should get one if these are coming out...

Nightfang is interesting as we are yet to get a proper 'classics' Ratbat but the other guys are pretty shocking. I am sure that there will be a lot of bashing in the International sites like that exclusive PowerMaster Prime armor that looks real strange.

I'm inclined to agree, I think they've got a real winner with Savage and Nightfang especially; if they can manage to sort out the hip region of BTS-05A then I might reconsider, but I'm pretty damn happy with my PE Not-Rumble & Frenzy at the moment.

those humanoid cassettes are so damn ugly. the only redeeming design is nightfang which i can even picture in my head.

Nightfang is looking good, well it's just a sketch for now so will wait and see if it's good in the final product, the rest is all rubbish.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

They are without style like many gobots were. Nightfang tho has it
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

They look too G1, and not in a good way, they don't seem to add much more than a few extra joints.

Nightfang might be ok, but I by far prefer TakToms Rumble and Frenz, while cassettes were cool in the 80's it's all kinda a bit retro now, like in that Robot Chicken skit. I have no problem when Soundwave and the cassettes update their alt modes to something more relevant.