Page 30 of 154 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334354050 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Also watched Pacific Rim (based on all your opinions), and i really enjoy it. Great action between large mechs and monsters, and really happy they left out the romance factor.

Watched Pacific Rim on Tuesday night. Was a great movie, I also agree, glad that the romance factor was absent, I think it would of ruined the movie for me. I did some reading about the director's intentions and I applaud his choices. Although the biggest gripes I had with the movie was I thought the other Jaegar crews should of had more screen time, very disappointing. I hated the Australian crew, because they were a cliché, and because the son was arrogant! not a likeable character. But oh well.

Theres toys???????

Watched P.Rim and loved it! Wait to the end after the avengers like credits....

Some holes in it but awesome nonetheless.

I felt they could have possibly done a bit more on the whole mental bond aspect of it - the first act builds it up as being the most important factor in choosing a set of pilots but really all they show of the selection process is Mako beating him in a fight, and then at the end Pentecost telling Chuck Hansen 'oh yeah I totally know your personality type so it's all fine'.

I read somewhere that there was originally going to be a fifth, Mexican, Jaeger involved that eventually ended up getting canned for the sake of time. I'd imagine based off that that originally a lot more of the time was devoted to the other crews but it ended up getting cut. Additionally, the Jaeger that Pentecost pilots (the Coyote Tango) features reasonably prominently in the promotional materials but more than likely got cut for time. All you see of it in the film is it flying overhead and then it standing still after defeating a Kaiju offscreen during Mako's flashback.

Which is a shame because I felt it was a much more interesting design than the Cherno Alpha or Gipsy Danger.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Theres toys???????

Watched P.Rim and loved it! Wait to the end after the avengers like credits....

Some holes in it but awesome nonetheless.
    was there a little bit more footage after the credits??... what happen??.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    was there a little bit more footage after the credits??... what happen??.
    There's not any additional footage, so don't worry, you just hear a growl/grumble that apparently is supposed to be the 2014 Godzilla - If it was supposed to be the trademark scream then my cinema cut it off.

Actually there was a small scene after the credits.

SPOILER

Hannibal Chau cuts himself out of the baby Kaiju, saying (where's my other shoe!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post

SPOILER

Hannibal Chau cuts himself out of the baby Kaiju, saying (where's my other shoe!!)
    yeah?...i love that guy!!!

Watching X-Men: Wolverine Origins on Blu-Ray. Yes it's a bad movie but it's such a guilty pleasure for me. Who doesn't want to be a complicated, tough, lumberjack with superhuman powers and an incredibly hot wife?

An objective rating of 5/10 for it's severe lack of character depth, rushed story and overly CGI-reliant battles, but it's got a badass seal of approval from me for it's manly-beyond-manly escapism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post

SPOILER

Weird, that scene played more or less in the middle of the credits for my viewing - Certainly not after the "This movie is copyright blah-blah-blah" part, which I consider the end of the credits, for me anyway.

Is that how it played out for you dude?