Page 31 of 154 FirstFirst ... 112126272829303132333435364151 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Weird, that scene played more or less in the middle of the credits for my viewing - Certainly not after the "This movie is copyright blah-blah-blah" part, which I consider the end of the credits, for me anyway.

Is that how it played out for you dude?
    Well a majority of the credits had passed, before that scene came on, not sure if there was more credits afterwards, as I left after seeing that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Well a majority of the credits had passed, before that scene came on, not sure if there was more credits afterwards, as I left after seeing that bit.
    Ah! ok; well for me at least, the credits rolled on for another good 5-7mins after.

Saw pacrim for the second time earlier, I WANT AN 18" STRIKERRRRR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ah! ok; well for me at least, the credits rolled on for another good 5-7mins after.
    You have the avengers sequence credits as I call it with the black 3d designs of the jaegers and monsters then the Ron Pearlman scene and after normal credits just rolling on. Was there something else?

DMe2
    Monsters Uni
    Pacific Rim
    Man of Steel
    Epic

Saw pacific rim today. Freakin epic movie.
    Ive been wanting to see this movie for a year now.
    It was everything I hoped for and more.
    It fulfilled all my desires and Mako is freaking kawaii!

I really liked the Australian and American jaegers

Pacific Rim: Has to be watched on the most ridiculously large screen possible and in 3D. I saw it at IMAX. Scenes lend/homage(?) greatly from top action flicks such as Top Gun and Independence Day. Character development was pretty weak but did well to garnish the action and did not get overly in the way. Scientist subplot was the comic relief but necessary. Gotta love those hammed up Aussie accents and the fight scene music was pretty much burned into the back of my skull by the end of the film

I really do wish we got to see more of what the rest of the Jaegers were capable of. Even Striker Eureka didn't really get to show off much of it's fighting chops.

This is the End: By no means a cinematic masterpiece but I haven't had this many laughs at the cinema since, coincidentally, Pineapple Express.

If you hated Wolverine Origins for all the terrible cgi, hammy acting and mistreatment of characters and plot devices, youll likely enjoy The Wolverine.

Watched the Wolverine with the misuse and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Cgi is still very hit and miss and there are sill plot holes everywhere, but the characters are much more nuanced (for a summer blockbuster) their are female characters who fight and who are evil and clever (but funnily the clever one all you can do is get distracted by her mole and the point of her expanded role).
    I feel they cut a few vital scenes for runtime, whichis good as it is a long movie, maybe to help the flow but you always feel as though there is a middle step missing explaining why the Viper is still around. You know why but there's something else there. Don't think it is the last we see of her either.

Good fights, some bad cgi, lovely shots, it's fun to play "spot the Sydney/Parra/Hawkesbury river" scenes as well.

If you like the summer blockbuster it's well worth seeing, better than Superman, IM3 and pretty much everything else out since Christmas.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Saw Pacific Rim - not without it's issues, but damn, what a huge film! Highly enjoyable. While it borrows heavily from other genre stuff, surely it's a must-see simply because its an original film and not a sequel/prequel/remake/etc. If people don't support films like Pacific Rim, Hollywood will continue the deluge of movies based on something else.

Speaking of movies based on something else, I agree with Trunks, The Wolverine was really enjoyable. One scene had me literally on the edge of my seat which doesn't happen very often and giddy with joy. One other scene seemed to have an out of place slur that I'm trying to decide if it was actually offensive or not. I don't know Sydney that well but one street scene, near the hotel, sure looked like Sydney to me. Much better than the Wolverine Origins film.