Page 36 of 154 FirstFirst ... 162631323334353637383940414656 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Now that's a surprise. It looked like the kind of movie where they showed any good bits in the trailer. I guess I would be disappointed if I saw this movie as Sandra Bullock never dies in any of her movies.
    I think in the trailer I saw all the clips were from the first 15 minutes. The whole film though is a special effect in a way and I have no idea how they shot it. I don't want to know either, it's just great movie making. The camera moves a lot so if you get motionsick at the cinema bewarned. For a film set in space its incredibly claustrophobic, with first person shots and the concept of floating in space with only your spacesuit to keep you alive. I haven't been able to stop thinking about the film today. The director made Children of Men too which is one of my top films too. He does good work.

Just finished Oblivion. And despite the fact it is a Tom Cruise movie, I enjoyed it. I mean, it wasn't perfect. There were some not-insignificant plot holes (nothing like a Michael Bay movie though ). But overall an interesting story, decent acting and great special effects.

I want a few of those drones and one of those plane things
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Watched The Conjuring last weekend with the wife. Not sure what happened to me but I used to be all over these types of movies growing up. I've turned into a puss
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Watched The Conjuring last weekend with the wife. Not sure what happened to me but I used to be all over these types of movies growing up. I've turned into a puss
    Accidentally walked into the Conjuring when I went to see 'This is the End', it took us a good 10 minutes before we figured it wasn't a really long feature trailer but what we saw was pretty well done.

Watched Brazil, 1985 movie by Terry Gilliam. Wow, it was an excellent film... Imagine Orwell's 1984 if it were made by the director of Blade Runner after he was up all night playing Bioshock. Except not quite so dark. In fact there are comedic overtones but it's not a comedy per se.

I'm afraid there's nothing I can think of to give you the right idea, but if you liked the movies I mentioned above then I really suggest you watch it. A real hidden gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Watched Brazil, 1985 movie by Terry Gilliam. Wow, it was an excellent film... Imagine Orwell's 1984 if it were made by the director of Blade Runner after he was up all night playing Bioshock. Except not quite so dark. In fact there are comedic overtones but it's not a comedy per se.

I'm afraid there's nothing I can think of to give you the right idea, but if you liked the movies I mentioned above then I really suggest you watch it. A real hidden gem.
    I admire the technical aspects of Brazil from a film-making perspective but god the overall product is hard to watch. Perhaps if I had been old enough to watch it in the 80's it would have had more of an impact.

It's been a long time since I watched it, did not realise the lead was a young Jonathan Pryce!

Gravity. Highly recommend it. Be ware if you have motion sickness :S

Great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Watched this last night myself dude; I thought it was done rather well, a nice mixture of the 'ole Ghosts, Haunted House, Possession tropes with brilliantly executed writing, directing & special effects ...

Just a shame about the rather "Disney-movie" ending to it.

just watched Hobo With A Shotgun. Yes it is as good as it sounds lol. A great throwback to the old cult films of the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    just watched Hobo With A Shotgun. Yes it is as good as it sounds lol. A great throwback to the old cult films of the old days.
    Sure is. I kept walking past it at JB for ages & then thought why not?!
    Lawnmower. Pfft. He made the right choice with the shotgun