Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID help please - maybe G2?

Default ID help please - maybe G2?

I donated these two transformers to my mum when we did a clean out of my toys a while back because she does child care and I thought these two were knock offs. She came across them today and showed me and I recognized the G2 autobot logo. I looked underneath and found 1992 Hasbro and Takara. So I'm assuming these guys are possibly legit. But I have no idea who they are. Please help! Thanks!

They are G2 - that' s Turbofire in blue and Rapido (who outranks everyone in an emergency) on the right. I believe both are the 'European' versions (which meant they had G1 packaging, but G2 sigils.)

Hey Jena, I think you'll find that both are indeed genuine G1 Euro/G2 figures by the names of:

Hope that helps mate.

*Beaten by mere seconds by the mighty SS!

Awesome, thanks guys! I'm pretty stoked that they're genuine, especially since I remember the day my parents bought them for me (I just remember leaving the shop with them and a smile from ear to ear) and how much I loved them as a kid.

They're in amazing nic considering their age and previous lifestyle , I'd say you've been really lucky to have these come back to you.

I was absolutely devastated whenever I broke a toy as a kid, so the vast majority of my toys haved survived. And I've kept most of them still. I'm pleased these two have returned and it turns out that the daycare kids didn't play with them anyway, they ended up in a miscellaneous box that was only just rediscovered.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I was absolutely devastated whenever I broke a toy as a kid, so the vast majority of my toys haved survived. And I've kept most of them still. I'm pleased these two have returned and it turns out that the daycare kids didn't play with them anyway, they ended up in a miscellaneous box that was only just rediscovered.
    Wow!

This probably sounds horrible but what was wrong with those kids?
    I reckon you should checkout this rediscovered box dude, who knows what other treasures may reside?

Most of the kids mum has are either 2 year olds or girls so I guess I'm lucky she doesn't have boys or these two toys would probably be trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I donated these two transformers to my mum when we did a clean out of my toys a while back because she does child care and I thought these two were knock offs. She came across them today and showed me and I recognized the G2 autobot logo. I looked underneath and found 1992 Hasbro and Takara. So I'm assuming these guys are possibly legit. But I have no idea who they are. Please help! Thanks!
    Wow! You got them with their guns! That's very fortunate as it is fairly difficult to find them complete.

Here is a fan made video where they make an appearance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt35Ehya4X8

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    They are G2 - that' s Turbofire in blue and Rapido (who outranks everyone in an emergency) on the right. I believe both are the 'European' versions (which meant they had G1 packaging, but G2 sigils.)
    I agree with most of your assessment and was about to say that that's not Turbofire but Hotrider. However because of that I'd argue that they're actually G1 and not G2. The reason is that the Turbomasters and Predators were never a G2 release and with the exception of a small European release, neither were the Stormtroopers. Yet in the Euro catalogs the Axelerators and Skyscorchers were shown with all of the above and there was no Generation2 logo present anywhere in the catalog, making that release of then conclusively G1 rather than G2.

They're actually quite interesting because due to distribution choices in different markets, they wound up simultaneously being the last G1 figures and the first G2 figures.