Thread: BLUE BOX ANDRO BASE/SPACE SHUTTLE/CARRY CASE

Default BLUE BOX ANDRO BASE/SPACE SHUTTLE/CARRY CASE

i have just purchased a Blue Box Andro Base and Space Shuttle Carry Case with it's original box intact!
    I had previously owned one of these in the 80's which i received as a Christmas Present from my parents.it was eventually sold (very cheap!) at a Family Garage sale in the early 90's,so owning one again is great!
    The toy is a carry case/space shuttle which opens up to base (owing a bit to a gobots command centre!)with a platform,storage compartment and three adjustable shelves for six spots to stand tfs minicars or gobots figures.
    Anyone else had this toy as a child or still have it?
    I will post further pictures,shortly of the box (feat.gobots) and the andro base itself...

It's a great feeling when you can replace something from your childhood, isn't it?
    That's a nice piece you have there, looks in great condition.
    Great work.

I still have mine! It's yellowed like crazy though.

That's an excellent acquisition TJ and congratulations on acquiring one is such superb condition!
    It really does remind me of the Guardian Command Base playset (Or Doggy-base as Liege calls it ) as I had one of those as a kid and it got thoroughly played with.
    (It also happens that Geigerrock has one for sale over here )

Looking forward to seeing those additional pics mate.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    It's a great feeling when you can replace something from your childhood, isn't it?
    That's a nice piece you have there, looks in great condition.
    Great work.
    thanks for your comments!
    i have to agree,replacing something from your childhood is a great feeling!! same as finally getting a figure you wanted as a child (but didn't get at the time)is!!
    this andro base seems to have been stored for some time as the condition (no broken or missing parts/good stickers/still boxed)is the best i have seen since one xmas day in the 80s!

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    I still have mine! It's yellowed like crazy though.
    ha! good stuff! better yellowed(been on many missions!?)than none at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That's an excellent acquisition TJ and congratulations on acquiring one is such superb condition!
    It really does remind me of the Guardian Command Base playset (Or Doggy-base as Liege calls it ) as I had one of those as a kid and it got thoroughly played with.
    (It also happens that Geigerrock has one for sale over here )

Looking forward to seeing those additional pics mate.
    thanks hursticon!
    it does owe a lot to the gobots base i agree for sure! it was maybe,at the time,the cheaper alternative to an actual gobots base!! the box features either gobot or ko gobots white crasher x2,fitor,loco,turbo,hans cuff,buggyman and others! will post more pics soon...
    an andro base was my smaller transformers and gobots carry case as a child! until it was deemed to be a space waster and sold off at a garage sale.
    so great to have one again!

Default Andro base Pictures

carry case (wings in)

space shuttle

andro base underside (showing wheels)

andro base

adjustable shelf section

storage area (as a kid,with my original andro base,i put tape over the hole in the storage area to store figure weapons/parts)

Default Andro Base box/box art

box front (back repeats this art)

box side (both box sides same)

box top (flaps out and intact)

80sCartoonGuy Guest

Default Blue Box 'Andro Base 1'- Mechanic/ Carwash

I just picked up something called Andro Base1, also by Blue Box. It is multi level carwash/ mechanic/ playset and I seriously cannot find it ANYWHERE on the internet. I am unable to post photos, but if anyone can shed some light on this, i'd be thankful. I am also looking to sell it.