Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Orders for Drift and Over-Run back up for pre-order

it is a bit, but you also still really need to be a club member, non-member prices for these things is almost double the member price. though I suppose if you could make $20 profit each off reselling 5 of these you could happily cover your membership.

limiting numbers to 1 or 2 per member purchase would make it very expensive for international members, but having an exception for international members allows many online retailers to also buy up.

a double edged sword...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I ordered my membership after I think they upgraded. When I went to buy it, they said they were doing maintenance or something. Then I ordered it a few days later, so far no problems. I still do not trust sending a scan of my CC or drivers license.

This isn't directly related, but I'm going to ask anyway as I'm about to sign up. I know I can purchase using Visa/Mastercard/Amex and while I use my Amex & Mastercard all the time, I rarely use my Visa. I'll use that.

What sort of "verification" measures do they need - I hear the word "fax" here & am wondering exactly what I might need to fax? I ask in terms of the security of sending CC and other ID info internationally.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    What sort of "verification" measures do they need - I hear the word "fax" here & am wondering exactly what I might need to fax? I ask in terms of the security of sending CC and other ID info internationally.
    You don't need to fax anything, D - I have been a member since year one and have never sent them a facsimile. The 'fax' thing for international customers is just in their automated reply - ignore it - like many things TFCC related (including some antiquated bits of their website) it's just something they wrote once and never changed. They want your money, they're not going to 'deny' you membership if you don't fax them your details. And it's ironic that the credit card fraud is happening somewhere at their end, not from us dodgy internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    You don't need to fax anything, D - I have been a member since year one and have never sent them a facsimile. The 'fax' thing for international customers is just in their automated reply - ignore it - like many things TFCC related (including some antiquated bits of their website) it's just something they wrote once and never changed. They want your money, they're not going to 'deny' you membership if you don't fax them your details. And it's ironic that the credit card fraud is happening somewhere at their end, not from us dodgy internationals.
    That's good to hear.

I don't really mind the CC since I work for a bank and can easily get that sorted, but I do object to having to fax photo ID. "Here Mr disgrunted overseas company employee. Have a copy of my passport details. Please sell to some Kazakhstani mafia type". There's no good reason why they should need a copy of ID (especially if they'd get with the 00's and accept PayPal like... every web-based merchant who wants to look at all professional).

I've already decided that once I get my Runamuck, my CC is being stopped and replaced, cos I have no confidence in this mob protecting customer data. And I have no interest in being a member for membership's sake.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

The faxing of ID & Credit Card is NOT required when purchasing a membership... it is only required for your first purchase form their online store (at their discretion - so apparently isn't enforced these days).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The faxing of ID & Credit Card is NOT required when purchasing a membership... it is only required for your first purchase form their online store (at their discretion - so apparently isn't enforced these days).
    When I wrote to them they said it was mandatory. Probably not in a practical sense but it does seem to still be part of their policy.

It looks like they are starting to ship these soon, some american members have recieved shipping emails.

I haven't yet but I would expect to hear soon, maybe they'll arrive within a month, I can't remember how long it takes for this shipping method to actully get here.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

That's amazing, if true.
    They originally quoted "within 4 weeks of Feb 29th", which often means end of March (making it April before they end up in this country).

That would mean that they would have had the toys in hand or at Hasbro by the time the pre-orders were up 12 days ago. They always post up pre-orders 2-4 months before release, to effectively pay for the toys before they are even made.

These may well arrive to people here within the next 3 weeks...

...post up your shipping amounts if they are on the box, compared to what you were charged.

mates,

Just putting this out there as it seemed to have occurred to a number of people.

The Credit Card that I used to register for TFCC, pay for the box set and pay for Over-run has been fradulently used.

Bank called me this morning and there were 2 fradulent transactions, which they say were similar in pattern to other cardholders in HK (HSBC Premier Mastercard).

[1] "Strawberry.net" - USD$417
    [2] "Merchandise" - USD$589

Just beware.