Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013: Generations

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Maybe some of those Animated toys like Wasp or Vortex Blurr will finally get sold.
    *salivates uncontrollably*

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    The speculation has already begun mate, so post away! We've got a year of guessing!
    Well if the 40+ new figures that are all new Generation One toys* then...

Trailbreaker, Hoist and Skids are all must haves. Brawn, Gears and Huffer would be best as scouts but I’d take a deluxe for a larger than legends size version. Cosmos and Beachcomber should also join their fellow 1985 minibots and upsize.

I’d like to see the remaining Dinobots: Slag, Swoop, Sludge, Snarl and the Predacons (Razorclaw, Tantrum, Divebomb, Headstrong, Rampage) combining or not.

Chromedome and Hardhead (in IDW style) are my most wanted Autobot Headmasters. A new Hot Rod (in IDW Earth mode style) would also be well received. Nightbeat, and a Minvera repaint, and Siren with a Goshooter repaint are the Headmasters Jrs I'd want most. Apeface and Skullcruncher, as triple changers would be great too.

And speaking of triple changers Springer and Blitzwing need new toys. Springer's had a third party toy, but so have the Insecticons, the Constructicons (combining or not) and I'd like to see those Decepticons get official toys.

I don't desire all the Scramble City limbs but I'd round out my wish list with a new Groove, Air Raid, Dead End, and Cutthroat.

* but I doubt they will

Sounds fair to me, and there are a couple of definite starters in there for sure.

I, too, don't believe it will be all G1. It is called Generations after all.

And when it comes to fears about the size of these toys en masse, you have to look at 2013 for Hasbro and Transformers on the whole.

The 4th movie is a full year away, and apart from TF:Prime perhaps being in a 3rd season, there won't be much else going on. So I really doubt Hasbro would leave the filler line with only legends sized toys to keep the passion burning. They've got to give the fans something to keep them interested, and some glorified mini-cons won't do it.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I'm not much of a Beast Wars fan BUT I wouldn't mind seeing a few deluxe sized toys from the Beasty Generations. And with the united line havin a couple in there I'm sure they will filter down through Hasbro too.

What I do love is WFC/FOC game AND toys although Bruticus itself is a bit off to me.

I'm not going to speculate yet, not sure about Hasbro's claim.

I can't help but worry that the 30 generations toys (-the 10 for the new game) will be 30 years of Optimus and Bumblebee with a different Prime or Bumblebee for every year Transformers have been around.

Prime and Bumblebee through the ages you think. A Waspinator repaint is an obvious one

As much as we may laugh at the idea, there is genuine fear that Hasbro's love affair with Prime and BB will continue into every facet of their operations.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    They sound bloody awful.

What we have to hope then is that the second half of 2012 will be spent developing the figures, seeing as 2011 was spent developing TF:Prime and Fall of Cybertron stuff, to the detriment of the final DoTM wave(s) and to Prime itself it seems. Hasbro had/has a lot on its plate in 2011/12 and it seems its stomach was bigger than its mouth. No doubt they've got the cash to do it all, but the time simply ran out.
    Some of them aren't too bad, hey. Most are so-so.

Personally, I'm sorta looking forward to some of the Prime and WFC stuff. But I'd love a decent Rhinox too - Voyager/whatever-it-is-now class please.

We've gotta get some Beast wars figures out of this , Voyagers would be a dream but are not something I'll be putting money on... besides that of the G1 Predacons ; I'd really like to see however:
    • Rattrap
    • Rhinox
    • Blackarachnia
    • Tarantulas
    • Waspinator
    • Silverbolt

I'd also really, really like to see some properly done Classicsverse updates of BW Primal and Megatron but we'd be more likely to get those horrid Cybertron molds issued with new paint jobs though.
    G1-wise I just want to see more Gestalt developments, that's the easiest way to appease fans and fill out numbers IMO.

Couldn't agree more Hursty. Besides the Re-issue, the Predacons are long overdue for a relooking at.

I want a classics style Longtooth!
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503