Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 203035363738394041424344455060 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

Just randomly, since i haven't read the posts before this and if i have i don't really know whats happening....

I have that giant plastic box and another filled with he-man stuff and there is a shera castle too... (don't think my mum will part with that one), I don't have the same connection with it as some tf toys and was wondering if there was a good home somewhere else, that would take them. I'm kind yes and no about the whole thing but i don't like them staying in the box. i never really remembered their names. And i don't know about letting Alex play with them. i think that plastic smell scares me. So any advice? Should i display them first for a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
    Just randomly, since i haven't read the posts before this and if i have i don't really know whats happening....

I have that giant plastic box and another filled with he-man stuff and there is a shera castle too... (don't think my mum will part with that one), I don't have the same connection with it as some tf toys and was wondering if there was a good home somewhere else, that would take them. I'm kind yes and no about the whole thing but i don't like them staying in the box. i never really remembered their names. And i don't know about letting Alex play with them. i think that plastic smell scares me. So any advice? Should i display them first for a few days?
    Display them first for a few days, get to know the characters again but looking at them and doing some research on the net. I would also suggest watching the 200x cartoon and the 80s She-Ra cartoon.

You never know, it may re-spark your interest.

If you then find that you still don't want them, I am pretty sure you will find people who would want the Masters of the Universe stuff. However the She-Ra stuff would be a lot harder to find a taker as they are essentially 'girl's toys' and a lot of guys would have a complex about it. Parhaps He-Man.org or ebay would be better choice for the Princess of Power stuff as you would be reaching out to a larger and greater audience (just don't criticize Scott or Mattel )

[IMG] DSC00724 by TyranidKisses, on Flickr[/IMG]

see here. I almost died getting them out.

[IMG] DSC00727 by TyranidKisses, on Flickr[/IMG]

I think that the smell is not plastic rotting but Stinkor who's gimmick is a kind of sweet and bitter bad chemical type smell. You won't die

You have a pretty decent collection there and most of it is MOTU. Some POP dolls but not too much. I was expecting the other way around.

Display them to air them out a bit and get rid of the Stinkor smell (although Stinkor is likely to retain his smell as it's infused in the plastic). Then see if you appreciate them and if not, start selling them.

lol Dude. its not Stinkor.
    Its headache building.

My shera and frost chick are also green. Maybe that helps. the gold has turned green and frost chick was never really blue, but wasnt an aqua either.

are those NA He-Man vehicles still in good nick? I can remember really badly wanting them as a kid.

I don't know. I've never seen them. Its not my collection, I just used them to hold the line for the autobots!

Whoa! - That IS a pretty awesome hidden-gem of a collection you've got there Yuki, a little bit from each line of the series too by the looks of things.

I agree with Kup; display these guys (Even if it is just to air them out ) and see what you think of them as they might end up growing on you , if not then for sure sell them and if you should ever decide to do just that then I'd be very happy to give 80s Snake Face & 200X Trap-Jaw a new home.

Selling My MOTUC Rattlor - MISB $30

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Heading to NYCC tomorrow... Anything anyone wants me to tell Scott if I see him?