Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 223237383940414243444546475262 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

I don't Care. Castle Friggin' Grayskull. it's gonna be mine.

I used to watch a lot of MOTU as a kid, as well as Thundercats and transformers. Pretty much all I knew was He-Man himself and Skeletor. Wish I knew more.

Lol, you'd think they'd have a confirmed design for Greyskull before putting it up for order... At least have a final design on paper/computer ( ?), as opposed to declaring "It may change."

I'd love to see on in the plastic though! It'd be impressive!!

Shipping on Castle Grayskull brings it up to $357.35US untracked or $371.05US tracked. So it's basically same price as an Encore Fortress Maximus. Ouch.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I was a little concerned about postage price... I know my Mr Stay Puft cost almost as much as the figure itself in postage... If CG, at $250, costs another $100-150 it will really hurt sales.

They should have stuck with their original price of $200... Just should've made it work somehow! A $300-400 CG is gonna be hard to sell. And if people don't pre-order, it won't get done...

Scott's relying on as many orders as the last Sub numbers.... That won't happen - one guy on the Org bought a Sub for every customer that bought one (capped at 30)... So, is he gonna buy 30 CGs at $250+???? Without postage, that's already $7,500 from one customer

Or is Scott hoping casual "new" buyers will just magically appear? I thought he didn't want or value Cherry Pickers anymore?! They've made it impossible for casual buyers to join and support the line, but now it looks like they may be relying on them for CG.

Yet another mess!

There's no possible way everyone with a sub is going to buy a CG. They are fooling themselves if they think otherwise and if that is true, whoever set that limit should be fired immediately.

Unless the numbers are set up to fail. So for example, later on they can say "Hey, we tried to produce CG, but the support wasn't there so stop whingeing."

Which normally I would immediately ignore, but seeing how they pushed the recent subscription 'offer,' I wouldn't put it past them.

I seriously hope that this thing happens for those of you who want what "Promises" to be all that it says it will; It's be a major landmark in "Fandom Disappointment" if it ends up getting shelved at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I seriously hope that this thing happens for those of you who want what "Promises" to be all that it says it will; It's be a major landmark in "Fandom Disappointment" if it ends up getting shelved at the last minute.
    Or ends up being painted over black plastic

So how many subs did they end up pushing for next year?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    There's no possible way everyone with a sub is going to buy a CG. They are fooling themselves if they think otherwise and if that is true, whoever set that limit should be fired immediately.
    Well, it was Scott who said it in one of his recent videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Unless the numbers are set up to fail. So for example, later on they can say "Hey, we tried to produce CG, but the support wasn't there so stop whingeing."

Which normally I would immediately ignore, but seeing how they pushed the recent subscription 'offer,' I wouldn't put it past them.
    I find myself thinking more and more like this too with every "incident" lately. Either way, I can guarantee you one thing... The thermometer will not go above the minimum required point before the cut off date. Matty and Scott love to create panic and a dire situation, where the fans need one more push to make this happen, thus increasing sales magically right at the last second.

Then, just like last time with the Subs, Scott will make a video with a party popper and blowers celebrating what a great job the fans did. Then, a few days later, he will announce that they didn't really sell very well, so now they have to cut some of the cool features... But, hey, we'll all still be so grateful we're getting any type of CG at all right?