Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 304045464748495051525354556070 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

This is a quick follow up to my previous post, where I pointed out some of the low ethics and behaviours of Scott/Mattel in relation to Ghostbusters (but still applies to MOTUC).

Long story short, Courtroom Ray was released at $25 (although promised by Scott to be only $20... maybe $22). We were all angry, but dealt with it. Scott said this was because of "low production" run. He even states right here in a reply to MY QUESTION that...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    If you are holding off on him hoping he will go discount, I can tell you this is your one and only chance to complete your collection
    And again...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    Also, incidently, due to the very small run on Ray, this will be the only shot to get him. He won't be going back on sale at a discount anytime.
    These are SCOTT'S WORDS. You can read them! No paraphrasing! Exact words!!

So...

Imagine our surprise, then, when Courtroom Ray was included as part of the "Black Friday" sale at a whopping 30%-off DISCOUNTED price... After we (who are trying to support the line) have already bought the figure!

So, either SCOTT IS A LIAR and WE HAVE PROOF or he's a COMPLETE IDIOT who has NO IDEA about the inner workings of Mattel. Either way, his answers to questions on ANY Matty Brand are a waste of time! They mean nothing!

He should be fired!

After over one month and a half, my subscription and day of sales order finally arrived

Robzy man, you're really getting worked up!
    Time to find some other toyline that deserves your support!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Yeah, Although I love MOTU, the way the line has been handled by Scott/Mattel has totally turned me off collecting it.

I am just waiting for my subscription to run out and that would be it for me. I already have a few figures which I don't want and apparently nobody else wants either

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Nah, I'm not worked up. I'm just refusing to let Scott get away with his cr@p anymore. He's been lying to the fan base/customers for years and people let him get away with it, because we love the figures so much (myself included)! He's got off largely, excuse the pun, Scott Free until the last year or so.

As for finding a new toyline and moving on... well, as far as Ghostbusters is concerned, Mattel have given me no choice And MOTUC, well I'm pretty much done after Ram Man and Snake Face. I've invested a lot (time and money) in this line, so I want to at least pick up stuff I've been waiting for. But I don't think that's an excuse to just let Scott consistently say one thing and do another!

The only reason I keep pointing out all the unacceptable stuff Mattel and Scott are doing is because I'm trying to save other fans the anguish I've gone through. I simply won't lie down and take it anymore. Scott deserves to have every instance of his deceptive and execrable behaviour documented. If that's annoying people though, I understand, and I won't post here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    If that's annoying people though, I understand, and I won't post here anymore.
    Robzy - please continue to post anything you want. One of the great things about this thread is that we all have a place to honestly vent our issues with Mattel without being moderated or censored.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Robzy - please continue to post anything you want. One of the great things about this thread is that we all have a place to honestly vent our issues with Mattel without being moderated or censored.
    ...And for those on the outside looking in, it's an incredible educational resource with the added benefit of being quite entertaining to boot.
    (Admittedly at the expense of other's hardships though )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    ...And for those on the outside looking in, it's an incredible educational resource with the added benefit of being quite entertaining to boot.
    (Admittedly at the expense of other's hardships though )
    Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that they stuffed up on Monday - Castle Grayskull preorders were selling for something like 40% less, plus 50% off shipping until they fixed it.

And Knob Neitlich posted this:

"4: This is definately last call on all the 30th figures. (Photog through CGM). They will never be offered again."

Does that even make sense? What are they going to do with the leftover Photogs, Spectors, Laser-Lots and Cy-Chops? Melt them down?

Agreed. Robzy, you are simply exercising your freedom to express the truth about Mattel's/Scott's BS. Everyone appreciates it, specially when any criticism (constructive or otherwise) is so harshly moderated in the main MOTU fan board.
    Last edited by kup; 29th November 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that they stuffed up on Monday - Castle Grayskull preorders were selling for something like 40% less, plus 50% off shipping until they fixed it.

And Knob Neitlich posted this:

"4: This is definately last call on all the 30th figures. (Photog through CGM). They will never be offered again."

Does that even make sense? What are they going to do with the leftover Photogs, Spectors, Laser-Lots and Cy-Chops? Melt them down?
    No, it doesn't make sense as that'd be one of the stupidest business practises I've ever heard of if they were to hold back such stock from future sale; I believe though that history teaches us that this is purely Hyperbole to increase sales.