Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 324247484950515253545556576272 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Well... looks like Granamyr has a "widespread" problem with defective plastic causing cracks in the tail joint. Also, many people are complaining that the other joints don't work - some arms won't stay on at all, or break off after you move them.

Of course Scott wants photographic proof again... I love how the customer is always wrong. Always!

I'm so glad I didn't bother buying this thing!

I didn't buy it either. I am not really that familiar or keen about the character but most of all, I don't trust Mattel to give me my money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Well... looks like Granamyr has a "widespread" problem with defective plastic causing cracks in the tail joint. Also, many people are complaining that the other joints don't work - some arms won't stay on at all, or break off after you move them.

Of course Scott wants photographic proof again... I love how the customer is always wrong. Always!

I'm so glad I didn't bother buying this thing!
    I can't wait till Castle Grayskull is released. I want to see what several people paid nearly $400 for.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I didn't buy it either. I am not really that familiar or keen about the character but most of all, I don't trust Mattel to give me my money's worth.
    I wanted the character, but common sense won out - and I'm glad it did!

Scott is an utter w@nker! Here's his latest responses to this issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    This is not as widespread as some may feel. A case of a few fans with legit QC issues posting very loudly over and over.
    It's easy to make up the truth isn't it Scott! He either lives in denial, or in his own reality! It's like the Hoverboard - he said it was getting "rave reviews" when it clearly was just making people rant and rave about how disappointed they are!

Plus, unlike what Scott says, I haven't seen the same people posting "over and over"... in fact, the Org has a thread with more people with defective Granamyrs than non-defective!

It appears that any QC issues with Granamyr are only effecting a very small (but vocal group).
    Nice! Damn those pesky vocal minorities... you know, the ones with actual photographic evidence of the defects (as Scott requested)

The overwhelming majority of customers seem to have no issues at all just like you. ;-)
    That's not what I'm reading. Seems pretty widespread to me.

All toys are made by hands and some will have QC issues. Just a fact of the business.
    Except that they're NOT in this case! Granamyr isn't assembled, he comes in parts in the box... the customers have to assemble it! The problem is that the holes in the body have cracks/splits in them!

This is why we offer full refunds or replacements for any defective product.
    [snip]
    just call CS to get a replacement, and issue is resolved!
    Except when you don't Scott How about all those Subscribers who DID NOT get Fisto? Or what about Castlegrayskull Man being sold out completely (including customer service stock) before many even arrived at their destinations? What do customers do with a defective CG-Man - DR/Mattel don't have any left. God, this loser just makes up his story as he goes along!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I can't wait till Castle Grayskull is released. I want to see what several people paid nearly $400 for.
    Well, Scott's getting in early. Here he is addressing the question on whether there will be a higher standard of QC for the Castle...

WE will do all we can to avoid any QC issues in every toy we make. But it does happen from time to time, and that is why we offer free replacements for any QC issue.
    So, in other words... NO PROMISES!

WE will do all we can to avoid any QC issues in every toy we make. But it does happen most of the time, and that is why we offer free replacements for any QC issue.
    Fixed.

It seems to me that with almost every figure that has come out over the last 6 months (at least) has had fairly considerable QC issues. I think I will hang around at elast until the Greyskull comes out 1) to check it out. 2) to laugh at the back pedalling.

Having QC issues, although a problem, isn't so bad if the company is willing to admit it honestly and reimburse / address the customers' valid complaints.

It becomes an issue when the blame is placed squarely with the customer, accusing them of being "very vocal", etc. Fact is, even if they are very vocal, how is that "wrong"? If someone paid good money for a product and it's faulty, shouldn't the company do everything it can to address the issue?

There was a time when retaining customer trust and loyalty was paramount. It seems this is no longer the case.

Although LEGO is an expensive toy, in all my years of LEGO purchases I have only had two minor issues. When I emailed LEGO about the problem, they asked for my address and sent out the replacement parts right away - didn't even ask me to scan a receipt or provide "photographic proof".

Mattel could really learn a thing or two from LEGO's customer service.

Fans are reporting large quantities of MOTUC figures surfacing in Wal Mart ...

The Wal Mart price is cheaper than DOS customers and Subscribers pay direct from Matty Collector with no "middle man". What gives?

I am also wondering why the Robotos are all first issue (no original burst) but my 3 first release subscription Robotos all came with the D A M N original burst? ... this really P I S S E S me off Mattel >

Please explain

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/9191036697
    www.kutsnake.com.au
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

So much of the Mattycollector exclusivity and prices are 'the cheapest we can do for premium collector exclusive items'.

Man, I saw that tweet & couldn't believe it either - "WTF Matty?" just doesn't seem adequate huh?

The thing is that all Robotos appear to be fundamentally flawed. They all have a crack on the clear plastic chest that due to pressure, eventually grows over time.

Another month, another year..... another Matty screw-up!!

And we're only 8 days in!!