Page 16 of 183 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Four years after I posted this I'm still pissed off every time someone refers to a Masterpiece toy by letters and a number. And now there's the 'minions' thing on top of it. I'm dreading the release of the Masterpiece cassettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    So you did cave, eh Kazza?
    Well $112.50 is a good price, but still f**king pissed off there is rust on the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Four years after I posted this I'm still pissed off every time someone refers to a Masterpiece toy by letters and a number. And now there's the 'minions' thing on top of it. I'm dreading the release of the Masterpiece cassettes.
    (Comments and alternate POVs are, of course, welcome.)
    Don't mind if I do...

If that's one of your main concerns / frustrations, you need to learn how to relax. It's not only limited to the MP line, we also have topics like this which I had no idea about until I clicked on the topic because I'm not following that particular toy line. Also, don't forget that the packaging for the TakTom MP series features the MP-XX designation therefore it's an official identifier and not some fan-made term e.g. TFPRIDE, CHUG etc.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's not only limited to the MP line, we also have topics like this which I had no idea about until I clicked on the topic because I'm not following that particular toy line. Also, don't forget that the packaging for the TakTom MP series features the MP-XX designation therefore it's an official identifier and not some fan-made term e.g. TFPRIDE, CHUG etc.
    Yeah, all that's annoying too. Basically I just don't like terms that are unintelligible without having to look them up.

Yeah, all that's annoying too. Basically I just don't like terms that are unintelligible without having to look them up.
    Someone once said to me 'you only know what you know'. Just imagine how daunting it is for a newbie on this forum. It would be like learning a second language Personally, I think you're doing alright Sky Shadow, enough to not have to worry about trivial things such as MP-this and MP-that

I'll bet B1 and B2 gave you nightmares when you were a youngen
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'll bet B1 and B2 gave you nightmares when you were a youngen
    you sir, just made my night !

my girlfriend hates it when i talk about mp-01 etc because she can never remember which ones which and thats fair enough i think the only mp XX's i use are really for the two mp molds or if i'm trying to remember them in chronological order

I think it's just to avoid confusion. If you say for example Masterpiece Starscream, that can refer to 'Greenscream', the Hasbro release, clear version, movie F22 or the new revised mould.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    In the listing description it says:

"This is really an outstanding piece. ...

The time, effort and attention to detail are incredible. A great find!

Used in the production of the animation film and each was used only once. We have only a very limited supply of Transformers animation Pencil Drawing animation."

Yeah... seriously?? Rare works of art I'm sure.

Sadly, he's already sold quite a few.

I'm getting sick of seeing these continually popping up on eBay.
    How can he possibly sell them? They clearly look fake.

Are people that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I think it's just to avoid confusion. If you say for example Masterpiece Starscream, that can refer to 'Greenscream', the Hasbro release, clear version, movie F22 or the new revised mould.
    Talking about your masterpiece Prime could be confusing without the codes. We have MP-01, MP-04 and now MP-10.

Talking by code is actually easier and creates less confusion.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Talking about your masterpiece Prime could be confusing without the codes. We have MP-01, MP-04 and now MP-10.

Talking by code is actually easier and creates less confusion.
    I tend to agree ; When 5FDP mentioned the 'Arms Micron' line's numeric descriptors though, I'll admit I have no idea who corresponds to AM-01, 02, 03 etc.