Page 24 of 183 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Copy and paste that to their customer service page on their website. See if they respond in a manner that suggests they care about how customers are treated by their front-line staff.

Putting it on their Facebook page usually gets them to act

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Putting it on their Facebook page usually gets them to act
    Great idea. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I was almost tempted to buy Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime today at Myer's 20% sale -- just cos after watching "Rebellion" I was feelin' mighty tempted. I took the toy and kindly asked for a price check. She gave me a rather impatient look and told me that the price is on the toy. I told her that I thought there was a 20% sale on toys atm, she told me yes and that the price is on the toy. I looked at the price sticker - it was $50. I asked her if this was the sales price, she said yes, and when I asked again, she said no, it's 20% off that price. Okay, I already knew that... I wanted a price check, so I politely asked her what the sale price is (again) - and she quite abruptly said, "It's $40."
    Thanks for reminding me why I don't go into stores anymore! They can bitch and complain all they want about loosing business but are blinded to the reasons why. Fact is - you get better service overseas
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I was almost tempted to buy Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime today at Myer's 20% sale -- just cos after watching "Rebellion" I was feelin' mighty tempted. I took the toy and kindly asked for a price check. She gave me a rather impatient look and told me that the price is on the toy. I told her that I thought there was a 20% sale on toys atm, she told me yes and that the price is on the toy. I looked at the price sticker - it was $50. I asked her if this was the sales price, she said yes, and when I asked again, she said no, it's 20% off that price. Okay, I already knew that... I wanted a price check, so I politely asked her what the sale price is (again) - and she quite abruptly said, "It's $40."

Why couldn't she have just told me that in the first place?? Customers can see that there's a 20% off sale - the signs are there. I approached her just to confirm what the sale price would be. I initially decided to skip this toy because the reviews have made me less than impressed about it. Then I saw pics of the TakaraTOMY version... and I've been on the fence about it. Since watch the latest ep of TFP BH, I leaned more toward the "I want this toy" side of the fence -- and I was really tempted to buy a local version on sale today, and you all know how much I love getting toys from brick and mortar stores over online shopping (bleehhh)... but after the attitude I copped from this store attendant, I put the toy back of the shelf and walked away. I've since placed an online order for the TakaraTOMY version. :/

I consider myself a somewhat 'die hard' brick and mortar shopper... I really just do not like online shopping... so a store attendant would have to work pret-ty hard to provoke me into turning away from a real shop and going on the web. (-_-)
    you should have had better service Gok, but seriously dude, the signs generally say "20% off the marked price", 20% of $50 is $10, $50-$10 = $40. it's not that hard.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    you should have had better service Gok, but seriously dude, the signs generally say "20% off the marked price", 20% of $50 is $10, $50-$10 = $40. it's not that hard.
    Yeah I know, but I wanted to confirm that the toy was scanning up at that price. It's not a hard request. All she had to do was press a few buttons, scan the barcode - beep - done. Easily done in the fraction of the time it took for her to tell me.

It's Retail 101. If a customer asks you a question, in this case a price, regardless of signage etc, you answer. It's called service. Simple. And yet i see so many people behind a counter that shouldnt be there. Any potato can ring a sale through. Here's a tip: get the right people that will sell your business and product.

unfortunately the average retail wage at a store like myer or anywhere else for that matter, isn't often any more than minimum award, not much incentive for people to care too hard. the electronics stores do have commision incentives but I'll be surprised if myer or david jones staff do, they certainly didn't used to.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    unfortunately the average retail wage at a store like myer or anywhere else for that matter, isn't often any more than minimum award, not much incentive for people to care too hard. the electronics stores do have commision incentives but I'll be surprised if myer or david jones staff do, they certainly didn't used to.
    That shouldn't matter. People ought to take pride in their work and try their best. I've done some crappy jobs when I was a student... but I always gave an honest day's work for a day's pay.