Page 89 of 183 FirstFirst ... 6979848586878889909192939499109 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

ok thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Grrrrrr... Where did Hasbro get it's stickers for the Platinum Insecticons? Time to get out the super glue.
    That's not good... hardly "Platinum" then.
    (considering they have "Platinum" pricing)

The stickers of a lot of reissues have a tendency to peel or just come off. That's why I much prefer tampographing. Stickers just look tacky and are really just put with reissues for the nostalgia factor. But honestly, if I want nostalgia, then I'll go look at my original G1s. I'm happy to have tampographs on my reissues.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Grrrrrr... Where did Hasbro get it's stickers for the Platinum Insecticons? Time to get out the super glue.
    I would recommend against superglue, if it spreads out past the sticker it will damage the surface of the plastic. it's fumes may also have an effect on the clear plastic if not the regular plastic.

I don't really have an alternative, though if you have some stickers still unapplied I would recommend some gentle isopropyl alcohol to remove any residual mould release agent prior to sticker application.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I would recommend against superglue, if it spreads out past the sticker it will damage the surface of the plastic. it's fumes may also have an effect on the clear plastic if not the regular plastic.

I don't really have an alternative, though if you have some stickers still unapplied I would recommend some gentle isopropyl alcohol to remove any residual mould release agent prior to sticker application.
    An alternative is regular tube paste glue. I use that as it is basically as 'sticky' as the sticker back and does not damage the plastic surface. If you need to remove the sticker, you can peel it off and then get rid of the residue like regular stickers.

Of course, don't go nuts and just apply the minimum needed.

I can't find my eHobby exclusive Bad Boy! No idea where it's gone!
    Also, my original G1 and G2 Vortices broke. G1 Vortex's arm panel snapped, and G2 Vortex's gun post snapped off and is now stuck inside his gun hole. I've since fixed G1 Vortex with superglue and did what I should've done when I got Encore Bruticus -- assembled my G1s as Bruticus for display and the reissues as individual robots for play. I initially did it the other way around because I prefer the look of the originals in robot mode; the G1 Onslaught which I've used to form the core of Bruticus is missing his 'backpack,' and the reissue has a different post size and cannot be transferred. Still, better to have it this way to prevent myself from further mucking about with the originals. *sigh*

<swear.words>

A small, self-tapping screw might help with the gun post - don't drill it too far or you might cause a snap around the hole.

My TFCC Nacelle has a smudged Decepticon tampo on his wings. Bugger.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...