Page 34 of 183 FirstFirst ... 142429303132333435363738394454 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by iamirondude View Post
    a friends little turd has taken off with my ultra magnus head/helmet and now they can't find it. then he tries to blame it on me with the old line" well you shouldn't have them out if you don't want them touched by kids" my answer was my kids have never touched them and they know not to touch other people stuff.
    Sounds like this kid needs a good dose of discipline.

i think most kids today need a kick in the arse. the bad 1's are dragging the good 1's down.

How did your friend's kid get anywhere near your collection without your supervision?

I won't even let my own daughter into my TF room without my express permission (it's actually locked whenever I'm not home; even if my wife is... it's also a legal requirement (as per my TF replica weapon permit; noone is allowed to be in my TF room w/o me)). The most that happens when I'm not home is that my wife will use her spare key to open the room and chuck in my clothes from the laundry into my TF room (since all my clothes are TF apparel; they're stored in there ); but then she closes it up again. If my daughter wants to access one of her Transformers, my wife will let her in to take the toy and play w/ it in another room. She won't let her actually hang out in that room while I'm not home.

Our TF collections are something that we've spent 29 years of our lives and a lot of money building. I don't think it's unreasonable to impose and enforce boundaries in terms of who can access them and when.

because i spend so much time in there(it's the mancave. it has a bar, a fridge tv computer, xbox blu ray player well everything a man cave needs) that people walk in there first to see if i'm home(it's under the house) so they went in there first and i was up stairs at the time so i don't know how he was able to grab it so fast. and if i lock it people say that i'm being unsocialable but it's only that i don't trust them.

a friends little turd has taken off with my ultra magnus head/helmet and now they can't find it. then he tries to blame it on me with the old line" well you shouldn't have them out if you don't want them touched by kids" my answer was my kids have never touched them and they know not to touch other people stuff.
    That's a pretty disgusting attitude from the kid's parent... I'd be tempted to go over there and take his TV or something and lose that. Well, you shouldn't have left it out....

What about making the kid take responsibility for losing something that wasn't theirs. I am sure you'd have been fine had the helmet come back. It could be akin to stealing depending on whether or not you knew...

Oooh, talk about blowing things outta proportion Tets

i'm not to worried about the helmet but more of the "you shouldn't have stuff out" bit. i never go to anyone's house and start touching their stuff and the same for my kids, who are taught from an early age that they are not to touch something that is not theirs.

i'm not to worried about the helmet but more of the "you shouldn't have stuff out" bit. i never go to anyone's house and start touching their stuff and the same for my kids, who are taught from an early age that they are not to touch something that is not theirs.
    Well, at least you can rest assured dude that, like their Father, your kids will grow up being respected for their levels of respect - Clearly this other parent is void of the notion & hence so too their child/ren.

that's 1 of the things that i've drilled into the kids. you don't touch others stuff and if they let you, you look after it, like you would look after your own stuff(i've always told them to look after their toys and books) and always use your manners.

because i spend so much time in there(it's the mancave. it has a bar, a fridge tv computer, xbox blu ray player well everything a man cave needs) that people walk in there first to see if i'm home(it's under the house) so they went in there first and i was up stairs at the time so i don't know how he was able to grab it so fast. and if i lock it people say that i'm being unsocialable but it's only that i don't trust them.
    I don't lock the room when I'm in there. I sometimes close it if my daughter's already asleep and I don't want to wake her up with all the voices and sound effects I make while playing w/ my TFs. But under most circumstances the door is open when I'm in there. Locking an unoccupied room isn't being antisocial. And considering the history that's happened to your collection, I'd say you'd have more of an excuse than most others to keep that room locked when you're not in there. Besides... access to your room is a privilege, not a right. It's your private room. If people don't like it, they can take a long walk off a short space bridge.

Whinge 1
    All my TF comics have disappeared from my mobile phone! Since I let my 9 month old play with it I'm assuming he deleted the app. I've put the app back on but every time I go to log into my account it says 'user name or password not recognized'. It's a massive pain as I've now changed the password twice, am certain I am putting it and the user name in correctly yet the app on my phone does not want to recognize it.

Whinge 2
    Took Generations BBee out of the packet tonight. Was uber-careful after what happened to the backing Megatron comic, and yet even with the kiddiest of kid gloves, the plastic that I had sheared ripped into the comic cover, thus saving my scissors the hassle. They made them too damn hard to get out!