View Poll Results: How do you rate Orion Pax Part 2?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • In a word... PRIME!

1 33.33%
  • yUm jaM!

2 66.67%
  • jAam!

0 0%
  • WhY mY ShOuLdErS hUrT?

0 0%
  • mY lIfE iS PaIn

0 0%

Thread: Episode Review - TF Prime Ep28: Orion Pax Part 2

Default Episode Review - TF Prime Ep28: Orion Pax Part 2

Another enjoyable episode - this story makes me care about the characters and doesn't just rely on gimmicks like explosions and booty shots!

Some thoughts:

+ I really like how they addressed the issue of Cybertron's atmosphere and not being breathable for humans. In every other Transformers series where humans have set foot on Cybertron, it's always been conveniently breathable! What luck! A metal planet with no vegetation, oceans etc. just _happens_ to contain an atmosphere with a similar or identical composition to Earth's? And then there's the climate too... Cybertron's not too cold or hot for humans either... always a lovely "M Class" planet! So I really do appreciate the extra level of probable realism the writers have put here -- having thought, "Hang on, this is an alien robot planet. It most probably doesn't have a breathable atmosphere!" The space suit obviously provides Jack with air and protects him from a reasonable range of hostile atmospheric conditions. There are some other Earthlike conditions that are awfully convenient (e.g. gravity), but I can overlook that. I'm just really glad that somebody _finally_ bothered to address the issue of Cybertron's atmosphere!

* The scene where Jack departs the Autobot base was an emotionally powerful scene; particularly when he saluted and Fowler saluted back with June blowing him a kiss... a brief but powerful moment without relying on extraneous dialogue.

* Interesting to see Ratchet at least test the theory of expanding the Ground Bridge - showing that they did try a safer means before resorting to commandeering and holding the Decepticon Space Bridge

* Megatron referred to their "War For Cybertron." Heh.

* Kaon being the Decepticon capitol - same as WFC.

* Seeing Orion Pax discover that he's Optimus Prime lifted my spirits and had me rooting for him -- then just a few seconds later seeing Soundwave and Megatron discovering his discovery made my heart drop like stone knowing that Orion's discovery also placed him in further danger. Talk about your emotional roller coaster!

* lol moment...
    Arcee: "What's our intel?"
    Ratchet: "A... reliable source."
    <a few scenes later>
    Arcee: "Thank you, Starscream. What? Who else could it be?"

* Sweet Star Wars references:
    Bulkhead: "Is it operational?"
    Ratchet: "Fully"
    ...and...
    Fowler: "This is space bridge control... situation normal."
    Breakdown: "Normal? You sure about that?"
    Fowler: "We were just, calibrating the sub-systems and, we uh, had a surge, but it's fine now. How are you?"
    (even the body language looked like Han Solo )

* Seeing Arcee lament about the war and feel embarrassed about having Jack see Cybertron at its low point <---another emotionally riveting moment.

* Cybertron's design does look reminiscent to how it looked in WFC to me; as well as some other Cybertronian tech designs like the Space Bridge and its control panel.

* They're doing to Miko what G1 writers should have done with Daniel and Wheelie -- stay at the base!

* Why does June _always_ wear her nurse outfit? Doesn't she change out of that thing when she's not at work? Then again, the kids wear the same clothes all the time, and Fowler always wears the same suit (even when he's piloting military aircraft!! ) -- I guess humans in TF cartoons are doomed to wear the same clothes constantly. At least nobody's wearing a yellow hard hat and boots.

Overall a very enjoyable episode. This one was more driven by emotions and suspense and not as action packed as the previous episode - but it still had enough thrills to keep things exciting (the Autobots' covert commando raid on the Space Bridge was cool).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    + I really like how they addressed the issue of Cybertron's atmosphere and not being breathable for humans. In every other Transformers series where humans have set foot on Cybertron, it's always been conveniently breathable! What luck! A metal planet with no vegetation, oceans etc. just _happens_ to contain an atmosphere with a similar or identical composition to Earth's? And then there's the climate too... Cybertron's not too cold or hot for humans either... always a lovely "M Class" planet! So I really do appreciate the extra level of probable realism the writers have put here -- having thought, "Hang on, this is an alien robot planet. It most probably doesn't have a breathable atmosphere!" The space suit obviously provides Jack with air and protects him from a reasonable range of hostile atmospheric conditions. There are some other Earthlike conditions that are awfully convenient (e.g. gravity), but I can overlook that. I'm just really glad that somebody _finally_ bothered to address the issue of Cybertron's atmosphere!
    I don't think it was necessarily addressed Goki, as it was just handled in a way that both suited the Universe and the Story.
    I will agree with their approach though and man does the planet look like an utterly dead wasteland, entirely devoid of life and I really like how both Jack reacted and how Arcee reacted to Jack upon 1st landing on the surface.

* The scene where Jack departs the Autobot base was an emotionally powerful scene; particularly when he saluted and Fowler saluted back with June blowing him a kiss... a brief but powerful moment without relying on extraneous dialogue.
    I agree, it's a testament to this show in how it executes scenes in a fairly mature way for a kids cartoon; You certainly do feel the weight behind the scene.

* Interesting to see Ratchet at least test the theory of expanding the Ground Bridge - showing that they did try a safer means before resorting to commandeering and holding the Decepticon Space Bridge
    Indeed, clearly he thought it was worth a shot if it meant avoiding a much more risky solution; I liked how he initially reacted to Raf's story about Gym class but eventually came to grasp the relevance, Ratchet is so well done in this series - Much like the majority of the cast.

* Megatron referred to their "War For Cybertron." Heh.
    Hehe, I caught that name drop too, t'was mentioned in the previous episode too I think.

* Kaon being the Decepticon capitol - same as WFC.
    I like how Jack immediately grasped the gravity of the road ahead upon this realisation, it's also rather interesting that Kaon would be where Vector Sigma is located - A spoil of the war perhaps?

* Seeing Orion Pax discover that he's Optimus Prime lifted my spirits and had me rooting for him -- then just a few seconds later seeing Soundwave and Megatron discovering his discovery made my heart drop like stone knowing that Orion's discovery also placed him in further danger. Talk about your emotional roller coaster!
    I was on that same Roller-coaster man, though I couldn't help shake the fact that it seemed a little odd that ifo on Optimus Prime wouldn't have been far better secured... Given, Orion could've decrypted it though having shaken the 'cob-webs' free but yeah, it just seemed a little rushed to me.
    (Megatron's words upon learning of this were quite foreboding huh? )

* lol moment...
    Arcee: "What's our intel?"
    Ratchet: "A... reliable source."
    <a few scenes later>
    Arcee: "Thank you, Starscream. What? Who else could it be?"
    Hehe, I giggled at that one too; Though I wonder what condition Bulkhead and Ratchet left Screamer in?

* Sweet Star Wars references:
    Bulkhead: "Is it operational?"
    Ratchet: "Fully"
    ...and...
    Fowler: "This is space bridge control... situation normal."
    Breakdown: "Normal? You sure about that?"
    Fowler: "We were just, calibrating the sub-systems and, we uh, had a surge, but it's fine now. How are you?"
    (even the body language looked like Han Solo )
    Yep, this one creamed out at me and all I could think was "Awesome!" and "So fitting!".
    I like Breakdown's completely confused reaction and awkward return compliment though, so well delivered by his Voice Actor.

* Seeing Arcee lament about the war and feel embarrassed about having Jack see Cybertron at its low point <---another emotionally riveting moment.
    Yeah, as I mentioned above, I thought that was really well delivered and it did such a good job at bringing the reality to a front - Though, I don't know why she ever expected to be able to show Cybertron off to Jack in any other way though, planet looks pretty bloody dead to me.

* Cybertron's design does look reminiscent to how it looked in WFC to me; as well as some other Cybertronian tech designs like the Space Bridge and its control panel.
    Yep, totally agree dude as I'm dead sure that Art resources have been shared between the 2 studios - The architecture in the road ways screamed TF: WFC to me too.

* They're doing to Miko what G1 writers should have done with Daniel and Wheelie -- stay at the base!
    I'm so glad that they made it clear too that she was to stay at the base and that it appears that she actually did but it's concerning as now the Team is spread between 3 different locations with 2 very volatile breaking points!

* Why does June _always_ wear her nurse outfit? Doesn't she change out of that thing when she's not at work? Then again, the kids wear the same clothes all the time, and Fowler always wears the same suit (even when he's piloting military aircraft!! ) -- I guess humans in TF cartoons are doomed to wear the same clothes constantly. At least nobody's wearing a yellow hard hat and boots.
    It's purely a CG resources thing Goki, she's also very often referred to as 'Nurse' Darby so that'd sort of require her to look the part - Plus, she could also be perpetually 'on-call' with the Hospital, which would suck but must have some great penalty rates!

Overall a very enjoyable episode. This one was more driven by emotions and suspense and not as action packed as the previous episode - but it still had enough thrills to keep things exciting (the Autobots' covert commando raid on the Space Bridge was cool).
    Yep, totally agree here Goki and I also stand by your thoughts on the covert raid & hold operation - Next episode looks to be even more awesome and I can't wait!

*My own point though: seems that most of the Decepticons love to give expositions to Soundwave, I wonder if they're aware that what they say could be used against them? - And clearly often is!

Yup thoroughly enjoyable veiwing.

Actually had me hanging for the next episode, especially after seeing the 'rodent.' If they make a toy, I feel another army builder session coming onn!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Yup thoroughly enjoyable veiwing.

Actually had me hanging for the next episode, especially after seeing the 'rodent.' If they make a toy, I feel another army builder session coming onn!
    Apparently your 'Rat' is an Insecticon - They've clearly been hitting the Cyber-Gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Oh, I thought Arcee referred to them as 'Rodents.' hence my rat comment. Insecticons are just as good though.
    No, you heard her right dude: "Vermin".
    Sounds like a pretty kick-arse name to me!