Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australian Easter merchandise

That Bumblebee tin is definitely new. Might have to pick one of those up; they make a nice storage container for weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And over the last three Movies, the Easter/Christmas mugs (have lollies instead of an Egg for christmas) have been progressively shrinking...
    The same can be said for their deluxe toys.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I measured the volume of the three cups...
    the first one was exactly 1 3/4 cups
    second was exactly 1 1/2 cups
    and the third was exactly 1 1/4 cups

A very uniform progression... leaving me thinking that we'll have one of those Barbie-sized tea-cups within a couple years.

I disagree on the Bumblebee tin. I am pretty darn certain I saw a Bumblebee tin last year. But skipped (coz its Bumblebee) and got prime instead.

On a somewhat different note, does anybody else think it strange that easter merch has now become about crappy toys/novelties with eggs instead of just eggs?

It's almost like another blasted Christmas abomination!

I bought DOTM jellies and they were horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That Bumblebee tin is definitely new. Might have to pick one of those up; they make a nice storage container for weapons.
    Exactly what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    On a somewhat different note, does anybody else think it strange that easter merch has now become about crappy toys/novelties with eggs instead of just eggs?

It's almost like another blasted Christmas abomination!
    It's been like that for years, Christmas, Easter, Valentines day... even Australia day.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I just found out today in this week's Target catalogue, that the Metal Tins (both Optimus & Bumblebee) and that big giant egg wrapped in blue foil, are both on sale for $10 (save $3 each). Catalogue sale ends on the 28th (Wednesday) if anyone was wanting to save a little on some early Easter (TFs) purchases.

(wasn't worth creating a new news topic)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just found out today in this week's Target catalogue, that the Metal Tins (both Optimus & Bumblebee) and that big giant egg wrapped in blue foil, are both on sale for $10 (save $3 each). Catalogue sale ends on the 28th (Wednesday) if anyone was wanting to save a little on some early Easter (TFs) purchases.

(wasn't worth creating a new news topic)
    might even pick these up now :P tins could be handy on my work desk
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Checked some stores today (the post-Easter discount sales) to find some cheap TFs Easter Merchandise... to eat and to enter the competition with.
    Looks like the TFs stuff sold well, as I had trouble finding unsold TFs Easter items. There was a fair bit of other licensed items by the same company still available, but the only TFs items I could find was the Yoyo pack and the Giant Egg.

I bought the last two Giant Eggs at Target Carindale. They were both destroyed (as expected from the giant eggs after weeks on the shelves), but since items were already 50% off, they wouldn't discount them any further. So they were each $6.50... compared with $5 for the broken one I bought at a different Target two days earlier. (they only had 2 left there, and one was broken - but since they seemed to have Easter stuff at 30% off that day, they discounted the broken one from its $9.10 price)
    In other words, I paid less before Easter than after, when everything was on clearance.

Anyways, the point of all this rambling, is that I now had another 4 Giant Eggs to add to the one I bought in Melbourne last month (featured in the photos above), for the extra competition entries, but to see if there were other lollipop heads included.
    Both of the ones bought on Saturday had Bumblebee & Shockwave, so had me thinking that they were a set pair in all.
    And today opening up the first of two Giant Eggs, finding Bee and Shockers inside, I expected to find the same in the fifth Egg... but no. Imagine my surprise at seeing a different pair of heads - Optimus and Sentinel.
    So now I'm wondering if there were any other pairs, and I was just unlucky to get 4 out of 5 with the same pair in it.

And for those wondering what use can become of these heads... aside from sticking them on a pencil or a small finger as a puppet... Here's a few things Christalcase and I came up with:

I also found out today that this Easter item was actually made in Greece... of all places. The rest of the things were made locally, but these Giant Eggs were made in Greece and then import them as is... to sell here. Weird.