Thread: TFPrime Deluxe Ironhide?

Default TFPrime Deluxe Ironhide?

Despite the Commander class Ironhide being a pickup truck like Movie Ironhide, could the rumoured Deluxe Ironhide toy just be a redeco of Ratchet? The Deluxe Ratchet's instructions have shown him with a head that looks very dog-like, similar to Movie Ironhide's.

We saw this a fair bit during the last year with DotM and Generations, in that the Hasbro designers were either teasing us with a sneak-peak of an upcoming toy, or the photographer for the instructions only had available the uncoloured prototypes and sometimes gets the wrong one (as the different heads are designed at the same time in recent years).

If not Ironhide, who do you think it is?
    Speculate away, and we'll see who guessed correctly if it is eventually released/revealed.

Ooh, nice thread Griff!

I'm with TFW member GetRightRobot on this one, I think it's Sentinel Prime. There's just something about that disapproving facial expression coupled with the bulbous head that screams Sentinel to me. Would be very happy if this were true!

Interesting Idea, though I wonder if ratchets vehicle type would suit ironhide anymore.

also the Ironhide archetype is fairly well covered by bulkhead, so while we might see a toy, I am sceptical that he'll turn up in the series.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Commander Ironhide is a nice way of combining the G1 robot mode with the Movie vehicle mode hybrid. I'd prefer to get that in a bigger size than a Ratchet repaint.

Howabout the Ratchet repaint still be red and black, but be Smolder?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Commander Ironhide is a nice way of combining the G1 robot mode with the Movie vehicle mode hybrid. I'd prefer to get that in a bigger size than a Ratchet repaint.

Howabout the Ratchet repaint still be red and black, but be Smolder?
    that would be a very accurate adaption, though not a lot of history for that character.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    that would be a very accurate adaption, though not a lot of history for that character.
    Not a lot for Knock Out either. Hopefully TF:Prime wont just be reruns of G1 names and looks (how boring would that be? Leave that to Generations). We need more new (or newer) looks and names in the mix too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Not a lot for Knock Out either. Hopefully TF:Prime wont just be reruns of G1 names and looks (how boring would that be? Leave that to Generations). We need more new (or newer) looks and names in the mix too.
    yea but knockout is getting more new history with the new show as it progresses. turning out to be quite an interesting character I think. certainly has more characterisation and seems to be getting a bit more screen tim ein season 2 as well.

I've not seen the cartoon, but what I meant was unlike most Prime characters I'm aware of Knock Out's name/likeness isnt based on a previous G1 (or TFA) character. More of that is needed.

When it comes to toy-only(?) repaints I'd like them to come up with new identities or use something newer like Smoulder rather than revisiting GeeWun over and over (even though that sells better its just boring to me).

Well for me my guess is that it's just a prototype head that was used and someone got lazy in Hasbro to edit it before it got sent out with a Ratchet figure and thus so... its just supposedly ratchet albeit a discarded previous prototype head.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

So it appears Ironhide will be a new toy with a Kup repaint (those old-timers sticking together).

That still leaves us with a Ratchet repaint. I'd still like to see it be Smolder, but perhaps they might think outside the box and give us TF:Prime BombHardshell? Ratchet in black, yellow and purple?

But Leigeprime's comment reminds me that this new head does look like Movie Ratchet too. Maybe it'll be a green Autobot repaint.