Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headrobots: Next Generation

Default Headrobots: Next Generation

Oh man, I bloody well want that Mindwipe kit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Oh man, I bloody well want that Mindwipe kit!!!
    I know one toy is DOTM Skyhammer. Whats the other one?
    (may head to Mong Kok)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    I know one toy is DOTM Skyhammer. Whats the other one?
    (may head to Mong Kok)
    This, my good sir, is Revenge of The Fallen (Voyager Class) Mindwipe - A very awesome figure and I highly recommend.

Well. those are kind of awesome, yes.

Pretty cool, though in the case of the helicopter one, his helicopter chest the best transformation feature of the toy is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Pretty cool, though in the case of the helicopter one, his helicopter chest the best transformation feature of the toy is lost.
    I agree, Skyhammer is excellently design and I also like how the spinning blades integrates into the chest. There is a reason why that toy sold relatively well despite no movie appearance. Another show of 'Good toys sell themselves'.

I guess for those who care about the design but still want the upgrade, a second figure would be in order if obtainable.

Grabbed a DOTM Skyhammer off ebay for around $30 bucks including shipping.. don't know if that's a great deal or not...

And now I regret not buying Mindwipe cause its freaking hard to find anywhere and the prices are pretty high on Ebay- don't know whether I should buy or wait...

and Universe Hardhead which I put off getting is no where to be seen...

Who is "Tauros" meant to represent? Is it horri-bull?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I agree, Skyhammer is excellently design and I also like how the spinning blades integrates into the chest. There is a reason why that toy sold relatively well despite no movie appearance. Another show of 'Good toys sell themselves'.

I guess for those who care about the design but still want the upgrade, a second figure would be in order if obtainable.
    Oddly enough I was just dusting of some of my old expanded movie universe toys today and thinking about re purposing them as multiverse Transformers. Skyhammer, Mindwipe, Hubcap, Deadend, and Breacher are all examples of toys that were awesome in their own right.

Depending on the cost and how seriously this upgrade requires altering the toy, I might get it.

Someone should make a laser sword for movie Hubcap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Oddly enough I was just dusting of some of my old expanded movie universe toys today and thinking about re purposing them as multiverse Transformers. Skyhammer, Mindwipe, Hubcap, Deadend, and Breacher are all examples of toys that were awesome in their own right.

Depending on the cost and how seriously this upgrade requires altering the toy, I might get it.

Someone should make a laser sword for movie Hubcap too.
    All 3rd party upgrades that I have seen (with the exception of a very early one) have been fully reversible not requiring you to alter the toy in any way as they are basically add on parts. I don't see Headrobots requiring any permanent changes since none of their upgrades have so far.

Re-purposing toys seem to be a very popular practice at the moment both official and unofficial. IDW has been doing it for G1 character models and FunPub/Botcon has been doing it for Shattered Glass. It is a more fun way to collect I reckon that adhering to often ill conceived 'toy fiction' ideas from Hasbro.