Page 39 of 168 FirstFirst ... 192934353637383940414243444959 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Almost forgot, got these 3 from gamblor at the last Parra fair.

FP Delxue not insecticons

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Almost forgot, got these 3 from gamblor at the last Parra fair.

FP Delxue not insecticons

Good grab. I love those guys.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Good grab. I love those guys.
    thanks. I m liking them more and more, I might try and get the original versions as well.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

This came today....it a very nice figure but lots of partforming... but it looks so good !

After a number of delays & many months of waiting ; Chaos Paladin (aka The Fallen) from MakeToys arrived today , courtesy of UpgradeCommander.com:

Chaos Paladin's plastic feels like a slight step down/backwards from that of Green Giant, certainly not to a detriment but I feel it's noticeable enough.
    The only areas I feel that it should be of considerable concern though, especially if you're heavy handed, is around the 'clip' parts of some of the Power Core Combiner (PCC) ports and the shoulder hinges.
    (I think the hinges just need to be 'broken in' though, they feel ok at the moment )

The articulation is quite hindered in the arms of the 'Chaos' bot primarily due to the shoulder tank-tread/armour (These can be folded out of the way though & frees up movement , I'm just going off the instructions transformation direction though ), his balance can be a bit finicky due to his feet but there is a sweet spot - You just have to find it.

The combined 'Chaos Paladin' bot enjoys far greater range in movement & articulation but his shoulders/pauldrons constantly get hindered by the tank-tread backpack , you just have to try & work with/around this area as you can still achieve some pretty cool poses I reckon ...

Chaos Paladin is clearly a melee figure/character (Though he does have guns), it sort of bugs me when these sorts of figures are unable to tilt their wrists forward so sadly he joins a LONG list of sword wielding figures who can't wield them properly ; he can hold his sword in its split form but, on my figure at least, his right fist hole seems to be looser than the left & hence the half-sword tends to flop around so I have to force it into the fist further which causes the fist to split slightly at its seem - Avoid Doing This!

Chaos Paladin also has a slight 'rickety' feeling; I feel this is purely because he is constructed of individual pieces that are 'plugged' together , apart from the central 'Core', he's by no means a wobbly bit of spaghetti but he certainly has a different feel about him compared to that of a figure who isn't designed to be pulled apart & put back together.

That all said, I'm extremely happy to finally have Chaos Paladin in-hand & especially after SO many delays ; he's certainly worth his cost ($80 + Postage) and he looks amazing in all modes but he's not without the odd flaw or 2 , his PCC joints will be either REALLY tight or 'just tight enough' and some pieces can be absolutely hair raising when trying to remove them from the PCC pegs.

I recommend MakeToys: Chaos Paladin to anyone who's intrigued by Power Core Combiners play pattern, like (old) Voyager sized Robits with reasonable amounts of articulation and who also dig The Fallen's design cues & aesthetics.
    If there's anything else you're curious about, feel free to ask but I'm sure many a Video Reviewer will do a superior job than I in not long-a wait.

simply amazing Hursticon. Cant wait for mine. There is a package in the door way that I havent opened up yet, I wonder if that what it is! Great pics!!

Can't wait to get mine. Bbts has it preorder still. Just waiting on a few things from them too lol

That's a good-looking and cleverly-designed toy.

Wow Hursty! Thanks for giving us your views on Paladin/Chaos. Great pics too, I particularly like the 'decapitation' one with Code.

How does he work? Is he two tanks that make one robots or two robots?
    Spiderken Away!